PDA

View Full Version : Some new J&J (pics) and my assessments

urbanmama
04-18-2005, 08:47 PM
I'm sure that you are totally sick of seeing my kids' pictures by now! I wasn't going to post any more for a while, but I had a few people ask about the J&J that I mentioned that I bought for EP. So, I thought I'd post these pics and give you my assessments. Hopefully it will help some of you decide what to order/buy :-) .

I love French Country and will probably end up with a couple of outfits from it, but I am having trouble picking the right pieces.

The following three dresses didn't make the cut and have already been returned :-( .

First, the twirl dress. A lot of the girls at GR mentioned that they felt that this dress didn't fit right. I didn't find that to be true for EP, but I did buy an 18-24 and not a 2T. I don't think it is a dress that you can size up in. I loved it on EP-- it was so pretty! But it was "too much" dress and too formal for what I'm looking for.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/24500.jpg

The next pic is the bloomer set. I was wondering if we could get away with it, but we definitely can't. It's definitely too young-looking for EP. I'm still hoping that we might be able to do some bloomer sets this summer, but this one didn't work.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/24501.jpg

This is the tiered tank dress. It doesn't seem to be very popular at all at GR, but I really like it. I really wish that it had cap sleeves (at least) instead of being tank style though. But I decided to try it anyway. This is an 18-24. The only problem is it is kind of big in the chest area and since it is a tank, it slips a little. I still might get it, but I decided I didn't love it enough to pay full price.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/24502.jpg

I also bought the scenic tee. It is *so* cute! I haven't purchased any bottoms for it though. I can't decide which ones I want! I'm thinking that I might do the striped pants. This picture shows the tee with jean shorts. Please ignore her messy hair. She just woke up from a nap and is badly in need of a haircut! The tee is a 2T.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/24505.jpg

On to Tailor Made. I *love* the beautiful green in this line, but once again had trouble deciding on combos.

I LOVE the overalls. They are *so* cute. Unfortunately, the fabric is thicker so they really aren't practical now that it is getting warmer. These are 18-24. I have to roll the legs on them. I would buy these for the fall, but I don't know what size EP will be. I'm afraid that the 2Ts will be way too long for my peanut, but the 18-24s might be too short in the torso by then. Sigh... I really like these but I think they are going back tomorrow.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/24506.jpg

And I bought the same pink shorts that Denise bought for AG. Ours are 18-24 and they are kind of big on her. I'm afraid I might have to find a belt. I tried them with three shirts (all are 2T). I think I'll probably go with the same shirt that Denise went with (the one on the left). I like the tank a lot too, but it only has a little bit of that pretty green. The hat is the khaki one turned inside out. It isn't supposed to be reversible, but I don't know why not, so I'm cutting the tag out!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/24507.jpg http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/24508.jpg http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/24509.jpg

I also bought the khaki pants. They are supposed to be cropped but they aren't on EP (these are 18-24). I thought they were so cute at the store, but really blah on. They are going back.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/24511.jpg http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/24513.jpg

dules
04-18-2005, 09:00 PM
Marie, I love the tank dress and can just see it with a lightweight cardigan for a dressier look. EP looks so cute in it, and the twirl dress as well.

Of the pieces you kept, I love the red tee and think it's cute with jeans shorts. The pink shorts I love with the first two tops, and I think the middle outfit, with the hat, is my favorite of the group. I like how it's all tied together, but subtly, if you KWIM.

I also think the khakis are cute but I suppose khakis are khakis, lol.

Last, I am in awe that you shopped and returned all in one day. How do you do that???

Best,
Mary

AvasMama
04-18-2005, 09:15 PM
I am with you on most of this. The twirl dress doesn't do anything for me, but I do really like the tank dress -- do you think you could size down? I want to get that for Ava once the line goes on sale along with the wrap dress -- what did you think of that one IRL? I am definitely getting that scenic tee also -- LOVE it on EP!!

I also agree with you on the bloomer set -- it is SO cute on EP, but too young for her :( I think I am skipping it for Ava too.

As for Tailor Made, I was going to skip the whole line, but you and Denise have sold me on those pink shorts! How is the waist on them?
I generally don't like shorts on Ava, but she has to wear *something* other than dresses this summer! Now to figure out which top to get with them. I like your first two combos the best. When I saw the line IRL, I liked the tank a lot, but the green top might be more practical.

Thanks so much for sharing! EP is gorgeous as always, even if the clothes aren't all perfect :)

Robyn & Ava

urbanmama
04-18-2005, 09:16 PM
Thanks for your opinions, Mary! You know I always love to hear them!

And I wanted to clarify-- I did NOT shop and return in one day. I've had this J&J for a while. I just hadn't shared pics until now ;-) .

lrucci
04-18-2005, 09:30 PM
Marie,

I think you made the right decisions. My favorite dress on EP is the tank dress, she looks so cute in that. I bought the wrap dress, but now I'm considering the tank dress too. The twirl dress is pretty, but for some reason I can't *love* this dress on anyone. I was pretty bummed about the bubble set too. I bought it for Kyleigh but returned it because it was just too short. I guess I'll have to stick to bloomers instead of the bubbles. I also plan on buying the scenic tee with the jean skirt and maybe those striped pants. I'm thinking they will work for the beginning of fall. Lord knows we don't need anymore summer things, especially after the huge Naartjie order I just made.

As for TM... I bought the pink shorts, green shirt (the one Denise has for AG) and the pants. I love the shorts with the green shirt, I think it looks so cute. I was debating between the pants and overalls and decided on the pants because I've had trouble with the overalls being so big. I haven't tried the pants on yet, but I definitely think the overalls are much cuter.

Thanks for sharing.
Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

lrucci
04-18-2005, 09:33 PM
Sorry, not Marie but I thought I'd let you know how the pink shorts fit for us. I bought Kyleigh the shorts in 12-18. They are a bit big in the waist. I probably could have gone down to 6-12 but I didn't want them to be too short. (She just went to the dr today and she is 21 pounds and 33 1/2"). HTH.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

urbanmama
04-18-2005, 09:59 PM
Thanks, Robyn! I appreciate the comments.

When I go to J&J tomorrow, I'll have to check the length on the 12-18 month tank dress. I really do like that one and I want to make it work!

I really liked the wrap dress IRL. It is such a unique color, kwim? It is definitely on my "maybe" list. This is the first line in a long time that I feel like I could buy almost every piece!

The pink shorts are roomy in the waist-- just like J&J's pants. I have both the 12-18s and the 18-24s here at home. I'm trying to decide which ones to go with. Right now the 18-24s are pretty loose on EP. I just don't want her to grow out of the 12-18s before the end of the summer, kwim?

urbanmama
04-18-2005, 10:03 PM
THanks, Lisa! It helps so much to have all of your opinions! DH just rolls his eyes at me or tells me to just keep it all (including the multiple sizes) because he doesn't want to decide all of this x( .

When you buy the rest of the J&J you are considering, please post pics of Miss Kyleigh. I love to look at pics of other babies!

So, what did you order from Naartjie? I can't wait to those pics!

LoveMyBabyBeans
04-19-2005, 06:22 AM
Yay, I was excited to see this fashion show as I am awaiting an order with a bunch of these pieces. The only thing is it's hard for me to compare my teeny baby baby with a toddler, but it still gives me an idea of what I like.

Okay, I have to say that I LOVE that first dress on her, but I can kind of see what you're saying about it being too formal for everyday use. I do think it's really cute on her though. It's a shame that dress isn't "doing it" for alot of people because so many people were excited about it.

Bloomer set, I agree, it's too young for EP. I ordered this for Andie, and I'm nervous about how it will fit. I definitely think that this piece is for little babies. It has something to do with the fact that NO part of the bloomers underneath seem to show at all. Regardless, HOW CUTE is EP in that photo? Love that coy look.

The tank dress. I really hope the smaller size works on EP because I love it on her. I'll be anxious to see that.

The scenic tee is the BEST. I have that one on the way too. I really like it with just jeans shorts, but I also have the striped pants on the way (oh please let them fit miss skinny butt) and I bet those would look cute on EP with that shirt. Those striped pants called out to me right away when I first saw the line.

Next photo, the overalls. Yet another outfit I have on the way. Do we have good taste or what? ;) Again, LOVE Miss EP's pose. She looks like she's pulling a Scarlet O'Hara or something in that photo...or saluting the flag. Either way, she's a doll. I was sad to see that you were taking these back, but maybe you can pick them up with a bigger discount for the late Summer/Fall. I got these for Andie in 6-12 months and something tells me I am going to regret that. She's so stinking tall, but has no bulk to her. I hope they work. I really do love them on EP though. Darn it, Marie...the girl NEEDS those overalls. ;)

And yes, I ordered the pink shorts (in 0-6 months, again PLEASE let them fit) for Andie. LOVE them!! The only top I got to go with them is the embroidered onesie, so thank for showing that combo. I may try to get another top or two once they are marked down. My favorite shirt with the shorts is the white tank.

And as for the khaki's, you could really go with any khaki's with that shirt and it would look cute. I'm really loving that shirt.

Thanks for the fashion show. I haven't posted pics in a while, but I'm about to.

ktdid74
04-19-2005, 08:13 AM
Great pics as usual :) You could never post too much! Anyway, I love the tank dress and the bloomer set. I actually think it would be great for summertime like after the beach/pool and running around outside.
I love the red shirt on her, too. I'm actually planning on making my second-ever purchase from J&J soon cause I love red on Mackenzie. After seeing it on EP, I know we have to get it (plus the red dress from that line).
EP looks gorgeous in the green/khaki stuff! I feel like it washes M out but it's awesome on EP :)
Great choices and super cute model :)

lrucci
04-19-2005, 01:38 PM
>So, what did you order from Naartjie? I can't wait to those
>pics!

The question is more like what didn't I order -lol.
I ordered the poplin lawn embroidered dress w/ matching capris
funny flower and lolli babygrow
essentials top and shorts with flower applique
2 pair of the Indian dyed striped pants
2 camis
a pair of striped essential shorts
funny flower dress

My orders should be arriving in a few days. I'll try to post pics when my stuff arrives, depending on how Kyleigh feels. I haven't taken any in a while because it is such a chore to try on and get her to pose for a decent picture. We have a lot of new J&J that I haven't even attempted to try on because she hates the fashion shows.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

urbanmama
04-19-2005, 02:05 PM
Ooooh! You got some of my favorite pieces! Please *try* to post pics when you get it!

urbanmama
04-19-2005, 02:13 PM
Thanks for all of the sweet, sweet comments and the great assessments, Kerry! I went back to J&J today to do some returns and I was thinking how much I really love FC. It is hard to pick my favorite outfits! I didn't buy anything additional except for the hat (EP's got to have the hat, right, Kerry??!!). I was afraid that the hat might sell out. They actually had a ton of them on the floor but the one I bought was the last one in her size (I didn't have them check the back though).

I was soooo sad to return the overalls. I thought they were darling on her. But they just aren't practical for now and I'm afraid to guess about sizing for the fall. If I can figure it out, I might just go back and buy the set again ;-) .

The new line will be coming in tomorrow! It seems too soon, doesn't it? I'm anxious to see it.

Can't wait to hear about Andie's new J&J. Please post pics when you get it!

urbanmama
04-19-2005, 02:16 PM
Thanks, Katie! Mackenzie definitely *needs* some FC. She would look beautiful in it with her coloring! But the dress and shirt aren't actually red. They are a deep, dark pink. I tend to think of it as red too, but it actually isn't. It is so pretty though!

Post pics of M in the J&J when you get it ;-).

**Edited to say-- Oops! I forgot that you are having problems posting pics. Hopefully you'll be able to post pics again soon!

parkersmama
04-19-2005, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the heads up, Marie. I'd hate for you to have to go to the trouble of posting them all again. ;)

Ella Paige is a dollbaby! She is just so cute! And I've been meaning to tell you how much I love her hair. I just adore her little curls. :D

I think I agree with all of your assessments. I thought that I'd love that first dress but compared to the wrap dress, it was just no contest! Plus, I liked the one Gymbo did with Indian Summer better. :) I think EP looks really cute in the tank dress but it's really not my favorite either. To me, it looks more appropriate for an older girl. And of course, you already know that I love the red scenic tee! That color looks so fabulous on EP!

I think the TM overall outfit is precious! It looks so great on her! But, you listed the same reason that I didn't get it...too hot for summer. The pink shorts look great! I'm glad you like them. They look really cute with all three tops but I do like the green one the best. And a great idea about the hat! Maybe I should order one! :)

parkersmama
04-19-2005, 06:24 PM
BTW, Amy Grace is enthralled with the Hello Kitty lunch box (or whatever it is) in Ella Paige's room. LOL! And she says "It Elle Paye" after I told her who it was. :D

erzzie
04-19-2005, 08:10 PM
Marie,
You get me every time! Every time I think I'm going to resist, I see your girls in something and end up running out to get it! I love both these J&J lines and I'd have bought all of it if the silly store wasn't so far from our new house!

I am surprised at how much I like the tank dress. I don't think I'd even have tried it and now I'm wondering if we could get away with yet another dress :) The same goes for the white tank with the light green accents. I love that! For that matter, the red t-shirt too! EP is such a cutie, there's no chance for me to resist!

I was wondering though, what size pants on EP ends up actually looking cropped? I'm getting kind of tired of buying cropped pants and ending up with full length pants on Amelia. I'm pretty sure Amelia's about 32 inches. Do you think I'd have to go to 12-18 months to get them actually cropped? Are you buying 12-18 or 18-24 mostly when it comes to J&J pants?

Did you happen to try the Tailor Made green knit cropped pants? Do you know if their knit pants fit as huge in the waist as the rest of their pants seem to?

Thanks for the help and keep those pictures coming :)

heidi_timms
04-20-2005, 01:17 AM
EP looks adorable! I love the tank dress and I agree that the twirl dress is a lot of dress. I also didn't buy any bloomer sets for Kailey this year (also didn't buy any ahead for this year). I always notice that 2T bloomers are left after Gymbo sales. Great for bigger babies, but a little bit too young for toddlers, IMO. I also love the tops in the last few pics. The shorts do look huge. We are getting most of our summer stuff in 2T and wearing it big. My petite child has to grow at some point-LOL! Plus it's going to be a long summer!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

urbanmama
04-21-2005, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the compliments on EP's curls! A had the same curls when she was her age, but as her hair grew in more and got thicker (it is really thick), the curls disappeared with the weight of her hair.

How cute about AG's comments! I'd love to hear her say EP's name :-) . We actually call EP "Yaya" a lot. She's getting better at saying her name now, but she used to call herself "Yaya Paige", so now her nickname is Yaya.

BTW, the picture was actually taken in Anneliese's room and the Hello Kitty thing is a radio/cd player that was made to look like a purse :-) .

urbanmama
04-21-2005, 09:41 PM
Sorry to be so long in responding. EP's got a stomach bug. :-(

Thanks for the nice comments. Sorry that I'm tempting you }( . No, really I'm not. This line is so cute and you would *love* it for Amelia!

I like the tank dress a lot. I think it is casual enough to be a throw-on-and-go-anywhere dress, kwim?

As for the pants, to actually have them look cropped at all I have to get EP a 12-18. For true capris, I'd have to go to a 6-12. I was buying 18-24 to "get more use out of them", but then I'd end up returning them because I didn't like how big they looked now. So, now I'm buying 12-18s unless they are running unusually small.

No, I didn't have EP try on the green knit TM pants. I can't help you there. Sorry!

urbanmama
04-21-2005, 09:43 PM
Thanks, Heidi! I really like that tank dress too. I did return it, but I have a feeling that it will end up in the closet again soon ;-) .

Are you buying 2T bottoms for Kailey? Or just tops in 2T?