PDA

View Full Version : Gave in and placed Hanna order......By The Sea on sale in stores...

ainwonderland
04-20-2005, 10:12 AM
Well, i held out as long as I could for the hanna code. DH is complaining the kids don't have any sun hats so I went to order some yesterday (Why is it so hard to find sun hats with ties, preferably velcro ones for kids???)

I was bummed to see Hanna was all out of size S and M in their bear "best of friends" and "by the sea" hats online. I called to double check and the customer service lady told me the Portland store had some of them in stock. Well, I did manage to secure the hats and also some sale items as well! (unfortunately, for my credit card!)

The By the Sea baby items (except the hats, of course) are on sale at the retail stores. Examples:

By the Sea T shirt reg 22, on web sale 16, but retail store sale $12
BTS crab on the butt multistipe pants reg 22, retail store sale $18
the other BTS pants were on sale too (I forget how much)
BTS raglan ringer t shirts reg 16, retail store sale $12
BTS baby girl capri set reg 36, retail store sale $28
BTS jackets were on sale too...I forget for how much though!

Girls pocket sweatshorts (cat#9029501) reg 24, retail sale $12
I got some boys cargo sweatshorts too (didn't write down catalog number though, sorry) for $16, and some other boy tshirts as well.

My sunhats ended up costing me like $250 by the time I was done. I got sucked into "Well, I might as well get zippers and X if I'm already paying shipping" :-)

Anyhow, I thought I'd pass the sale info on if there was anyone out there wanting these items, but not wanting to pay full (web) price!

Have a great day!
Alice

jayali
04-20-2005, 02:21 PM
I am in the same situation. Was holding out for a code, but none in sight so I really need to place an order. I have never called a store and placed an order. We live in New Jersey with no Hanna in sight and I was wondering, can I just call any store and ask them to ship me stuff. Do you find them as accomodating in the stores as their CS reps on the phone? How do they charge shipping? I would love to save some $$$ since this will be a big order.

TIA

ainwonderland
04-20-2005, 02:47 PM
I called the web customer service, confirmed the "web store" was out of stock, but then did a check of retail store inventory (although told me the retail stores didn't carry BTS hats -- which after talking to them they do! Weird.) On their website there are phone numbers for all of their stores and it just so happend the Portland OR store had what I wanted (I'm in MI with no hanna in sight either :-) I'd never previously called a retail store either to place a hanna order, but figured why not?

I called ~10am their time (1pm EST) and asked the sales rep if she had a few minutes to handle my call or if she preferred I called back later (when they might not be so busy, but chanced they wouldn't be at opening).

She was waaaaay too helpful and would put me on hold as she brought back armfuls of stuff from the sale racks or went to go gather things in the sizes I needed. She'd read me the catalog number of deals she'd found and I was sitting at my computer at work punching the catalog numbers in so that I could "see" what she had. Next thing I knew we'd been on the phone over 45 minutes and I'd spent like $250. Shipping is the same as the website, so really there is no difference that I see -- other than you get the inside scoop on some sales that otherwise aren't available on the website!

Good Luck!

biscuitcity
04-20-2005, 03:30 PM
Thanks SO much for this helpful info, I'll be calling them tomorrow morning!
Anna

>I called the web customer service, confirmed the "web store"
>was out of stock, but then did a check of retail store
>inventory (although told me the retail stores didn't carry BTS
>hats -- which after talking to them they do! Weird.) On their
>website there are phone numbers for all of their stores and it
>just so happend the Portland OR store had what I wanted (I'm
>in MI with no hanna in sight either :-) I'd never previously
>called a retail store either to place a hanna order, but
>figured why not?
>
>I called ~10am their time (1pm EST) and asked the sales rep
>if she had a few minutes to handle my call or if she preferred
>I called back later (when they might not be so busy, but
>chanced they wouldn't be at opening).
>
>She was waaaaay too helpful and would put me on hold as she
>brought back armfuls of stuff from the sale racks or went to
>go gather things in the sizes I needed. She'd read me the
>catalog number of deals she'd found and I was sitting at my
>computer at work punching the catalog numbers in so that I
>could "see" what she had. Next thing I knew we'd been on the
>phone over 45 minutes and I'd spent like $250. Shipping is the
>same as the website, so really there is no difference that I
>see -- other than you get the inside scoop on some sales that
>otherwise aren't available on the website!
>
>Good Luck!

jayali
04-20-2005, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the great info. Wow - I am excited for tomorrow to place an order. Good grief further access to Hanna my husband will be so excited!!

Thanks again!

SAHMommie
04-20-2005, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the sale info, I think :) We have the crab pants already but I would love some more ringer tees (they are my favs!) Maybe some shorts too.

SAHMommie