PDA

View Full Version : how to keep sun hats on babies?

kaylinsmommy2
04-20-2005, 03:44 PM
So, I've bought tons of sun hats (half because I want to keep the sun out, but half because I think they look SO cute!), but DD consistently takes them off! Even ones with the chin strap - she has more trouble (and will fuss or cry) but eventually figures out how to take it off. :( Yesterday, we played a "game" where DH and I took two hat - we put one on DD, and as soon as she took it off, we'd put the other one on her, one after the other. She probably took them off 25 times! Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Caroline
Kaylin 6/5/04

Squirrel_M
04-20-2005, 03:49 PM
Nothing works to keep any hat on my DD head. She will give me a big smile and take it off within seconds. Chin straps (velcro or tied) does not do anything, she will pull on the the hat or straps till its gone...
Monika
Katharina 10/03/03

squimp
04-21-2005, 03:00 PM
We had the best luck with the Hanna sunhats that tie at the chin. She couldn't get them off (as opposed to the ON velcro ones). We did tie them on pretty tight - of course she could breathe :), but they were hard to take off easily.

I find DD went through phases with hats - she was fine with them, then would hate them, then got used to them. Now she loves hats. She doesn't really have a lovey, but she is really attached to her hats! And she has favorites now, which do not always match!