PDA

View Full Version : Baby girl twins are here....now what to buy -- dream with me!

ChicagoMama
04-21-2005, 02:00 PM
Our dear friends had baby girls twins today! Hooray! A few issues with delivery of twin #2 (not sure of the details), but all is going pretty well. And it was a vaginal birth -- hooray for my friend!

They didn't know the sexes of the babies until now, so I hadn't purchased anything clothing-related as a gift. What do you think? Some zippers or other classic Hanna soft items for the fall - and in what size? They are about 5.5 lbs as newborns, so when they are 7 months old what size Hanna will they wear? 60 or 70?

Becky

Mama to DDs Shelby 09/19/02 and Sydney 10/16/03

karin4
04-21-2005, 04:46 PM
How wonderful! Congrats to your friend!

Zippers make great baby gifts. If you're thinking something for the fall, I'd go with the 60s. Other hannas that make nice gifts are the cardigans, and any of the rompers/bubbles. I'd get a 50 if you decide to get a summer romper. Oh, and I'd skip the bold striped romper. It's adorable on older babies, but I always hated collars on my tiny ones. JMO, though.

BTW, when I first saw the title of your post, I thought they were *your* twins!

ChicagoMama
04-21-2005, 05:25 PM
>BTW, when I first saw the title of your post, I thought they
>were *your* twins!

I sorta wrote the title that way -- intentionally "misleading" so that I would get more people to read & answer my questions!! Just a little fun on the boards. :)

Some days I think I already have twin girls -- they are just 13 months apart and the little one is walkin', talkin', and pottying just like her big sister. Go figure.

Becky

Mama to DDs Shelby 09/19/02 and Sydney 10/16/03

parkersmama
04-21-2005, 05:29 PM
Great news for your friend! I think that size 60 would be right for fall. I love the cardies for little babes and they are so practical. Maybe a sweet pastel colored zipper and a cardie. I'm glad that everyone is doing well. :)