PDA

View Full Version : Do Lands End backorders REALLY take 2 months?

ChicagoMama
04-21-2005, 07:46 PM
The shorts are in stock, the matching t-shirts are not. Does anyone have experience with Lands End backorders? I'm getting dates of June 23 -- that's like mid-summer for a little old t-shirt for goodness sake!

Becky

Mama to DDs Shelby 09/19/02 and Sydney 10/16/03

kalebsmama
04-21-2005, 10:35 PM
Depends! I placed a large order beginning of March. Quite a bit on backorder, the latest date was May 2. Those items shipped end of March but never arrived so I am still awaiting my replacement. Items due end of April shipped on the 15th and not here yet. Everything else came and most before they said it would.

LE lost money on my order I think! I paid shipping once and they have sent me things in 8 separate shipments plus 2 more to replace the one that never arrived!

Which t-shirts are you looking for? I have a couple to return (and shorts).

amp
04-22-2005, 09:00 AM
I have found that some things come in earlier than the expected date, while other items do not come in and I kept getting notices of later and later ship dates, until finally they told me the item was no longer available. That was such a bummer! If it were me, I'd keep checking the stock and possibly pass if it never seemed to come into stock sooner.

cinrein
04-22-2005, 03:36 PM
I ordered a dress from LE in January that never came. The available date kept getting pushed farther and farther out. Since the dress was to be for Easter, I ended up cancelling my order. LE did send me a $15 gift card as an apology the 3rd or 4th time they revised the availability date!

Cindy and Anna February 2003

tiapam
04-22-2005, 05:19 PM
I would wait a couple of weeks and see if you get a new date. I kept getting postcards with a later date for some pillowcases that finally came like four months later. So if they keep giving you a later date, I would say don't be too hopeful.

-Pam

Charlotte born October 2004

ChicagoMama
04-23-2005, 10:22 AM
The t-shirts on the backorder are just the simple cap-sleeve jersey tees that match the cute shorts - I think the colors are pink, blue, and orange. I'm positive that I can find matching t-shirts at another store, so I'm not too concerned - which is a good thing, as I can see that LE is not reliable about filling backorders!! The shorts are supposed to be here on Tuesday, so I'll be headed to a few B&M stores to find some matching stuff. It's funny b/c she can wear 4T or 4 -- and the tees are even on backorder or sold out in both of those sizes.

Becky

Mama to DDs Shelby 09/19/02 and Sydney 10/16/03

jtamm
04-24-2005, 07:46 PM
Well, I have had a similar experience with a couple of items this spring. When ordered they are on backorder and then get a couple
of cards saying things are even more delayed (2-3 weeks or so). I did finally get the items and it was ok because I wasn't in a hurry. But it is interesting to hear that there are others of you that have had problems too...

I did get their toddler girls denim & fushia shorts and like them because they have a snap & short zipper with the elastic waistband to help get them on and off.