PDA

View Full Version : Stretchy band sunglasses for 1yo

patricksmom
04-22-2005, 12:40 PM
Hi...I am looking to buy a pair of sunglasses for my soon to be 1 year old. Not sure if he will keep them on or not. Sounds like a lot of people like the Baby Banz. Are they sold at any B&M stores? What do you think about the JazO (I think that is what they are called.) I also thought someone mentioned they saw them at Target. I will have to check. Any opinions on these types of glasses would be super.

Thank you

Jeanne
04-22-2005, 10:40 PM
Although a great idea, these glasses have one problem - they sit too close on the face. My girls have very long lashes and they couldn't blink without their lashes touching the lens. If your DS doesn't have long lashes, perhaps they might work. I tried two differnt brands from two different stores and had the same repeat problem.

Before you get into mail order for Banz, BRU carries their version so if you are near one, you could try them on your DS there. I never saw them at Target.

Melanie
04-22-2005, 11:20 PM
I believe their website will list retailers, but I've seen them a children's speciality shops like a baby safety store, a cloth diapering store, a consignment store...

My son also has very long eyelashes, but he actually pushes these even further up against is his eyes. *shrug* we love them. The main thing I would recommend is to make sure what you buy blocks 100% of UVA AND UVB, not just UVA. Or else it can actually be more damaging to the eyes than nothing at all.

I don't care for the Jaz-o's as much as the Kidz Banz. They're our backup pair, I do like that they don't have their name slapped across the back like the KB & BB's do. I hate giving free advertising.

http://lilypie.com/baby4/011106/1/2/0/+10/.png[/url]

Expecting #2 - A Girl!
http://lilypie.com/days/050904/0/24/0/-8/.png[/url]

kochh2
04-23-2005, 10:38 AM
we have had BB since August, when DS was born... definitely essential to protect those peepers... we love them, and I had to oshare a pic of DS with them on!!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/24721.jpg

brittone2
04-24-2005, 11:47 AM
Hehe Holly-cute pic of Aiden as always. Give him a kiss from me ;)

DS is 14 months now and no longer leaves his Jaz Os on very long. He likes the idea of putting OUR sunglasses on when it is his idea, but he isn't fond of leaving HIS on very long anymore. Sigh...I wish I could go back to the olden days when he didn't have so much of an opinion LOL ;)

Squirrel_M
04-24-2005, 01:49 PM
A big "Thank you!" for the original question, all the answers and the actual photo! I did not even know these sunglasses existed. We will have to try them.
Monika

patricksmom
04-25-2005, 12:17 PM
I found a pair of stretchy band sunglasses at Target this weekend. They have some really cute colors. I also found some at Babies R Us. However, as soon as I put them on, Patrick kept taking them off. He hated them. I think the longest I got him to wear them was 15 seconds. When he had them on I looked at his eyes and his lashes were smooshed down. Maybe the actual Baby Banz brand would be better but because these were not a hit I don't think I am going to waste my money ordereing them at this point.

Which leads me to my next question....how do you know if the glasses protect against both UVA and UVB rays. Most glasses (including the sites taht I searched for Baby Banz) only say 100% UV protection. Am I to assume that means both UVA and UVB protection or do the ones that i should buy actually say it on there. I like a few pairs of normal sunglasses from The Children's Place but I think it only said 100%UV protection. If I get them am I doing more good than harm. If so now the only thing I need to do it get him to wear them.