PDA

View Full Version : More new Naartjie (pics)

parkersmama
04-22-2005, 07:21 PM
Hope you're not all getting sick of seeing Amy Grace over the last couple of days. We suddenly seem to have new clothes and are having fun taking pics. :D Our new Naartjie arrived today and I was able to talk little miss into trying it on for you. All of this is from the new line and all of it is Baby Girl. And please excuse her buddha belly...she had just eaten 2 pieces of pizza for supper! LOL!

Babygrow in new pink (2T)...I love this! It is so light and breezy. It will be perfect in our scorching summer heat. I also love this color on her.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/3sweetpeas/Naartjie%2020050422/20050422016.jpg

Dungrarees in new orange (2T)...These are terrific but a tad on the big side. I'd say they are running big based on the way these fit AG. I really do like them, though, so we'll probably keep them and let her grow into them. I might put a tee under them until they fit a little better.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/3sweetpeas/Naartjie%2020050422/20050422018.jpg

Knit Lolli Dress (2T) and Knit Funny Flower and Lolli Capri (18-24) both in spearmint...I think this dress/capri set is adorable! It seems very comfy and cool and the color is "refreshing". LOL!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/3sweetpeas/Naartjie%2020050422/20050422020.jpg

Knit Solid Tee w/ Lolli Flower Sleeve (2T) and Knit Lolli Shorts (18-24) both in new pink...This outfit is great! It seems like it will be so comfortable and easy to move around in. I hate having the same outfit in multiple colors b/c I like variety, otherwise I'd buy several more of these! (And now you see what is so mesmerizing to her! ;) )

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/3sweetpeas/Naartjie%2020050422/20050422023.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/3sweetpeas/Naartjie%2020050422/20050422021.jpg

Poplin and Lawn Embroidery Cami in new pink (18-24) and Yarn Dye Indian Stripe Capri in white (18-24) and Indian Stripe Hat in white...This outfit is TDF! I love it even more IRL than in the pics I've seen. I cannot wait for her to wear this. It is just so stinkin' cute!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/3sweetpeas/Naartjie%2020050422/20050422025.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/3sweetpeas/Naartjie%2020050422/20050422024.jpg

Thanks for looking! As always, I do welcome your opinions. :) And I hope seeing these on AG helps push some of you off the fence on ordering! LOL!

papal
04-22-2005, 07:26 PM
Aha! I knew i spotted some naartjies on your sofa in the Gymbo thread!! :)
You have SOLD me on the poplin top and striped pants and hat! LOVE IT!!!! And the babygrow is TOO CUTE!
Thanks Thanks Thanks to you and patient AG for sharing!!!

2zeke
04-22-2005, 07:35 PM
Very cute! You did a great job with your choices and sizes.

Janice
dd 10-99
ds 4-02

McQ
04-22-2005, 07:38 PM
Loving AG in the Naartjie. Especially the first and the last outfits.

And you have a very cooperative model. What's your trick?

Allison
~ mama to Declan 3.24.03 and Meghan 8.26.04

parkersmama
04-22-2005, 07:40 PM
LOL! Did you see my Gymbo post from earlier? That'll show you how cooperative she really is! :D Actually, she was watching Dora (aka Kiddie Cocaine) and was zoned out and I took my time just gently changing her from one outfit to another while she watched the show. :)

toomanystrollers
04-22-2005, 07:40 PM
Thank you Denise!!! I just fell off the fence! :) Now I know what sizes to get for Neve. And I just love spearmint on AG and the the stripe capri outfit is adorable!!

dowlinal
04-22-2005, 08:17 PM
She looks so adorable. I really love the Dungraree outfit on her. I may have to add to my collection. How heavy is the material?

A

supersparkee
04-22-2005, 08:55 PM
OK, that's it... I'm ordering that cami!!! It is so stinkin' cute and would be perfect for summer. And the dungarees as well - just so cute. I'm glad you posted the sizes of these items because Eva is about the same size as AG - it helps so much.

How are the striped capris? The material looks kind of heavy in pictures (heavier than the solid poplin pieces, it looks like twill in pics) but people have been describing them as lightweight. What's your opinion?

MeredithsMom
04-22-2005, 09:07 PM
I am never sick of seeing Amy Grace pics!!! And those clothes are adorable--so much better than how they look on the pitiful website. First Hanna, now Naartjie . . . my husband's going to try to disable my modem or something! Fortunately, I'm the technology guru in this family (wicked cackle and hand rub here)].

Adorable pics!!!

AvasMama
04-22-2005, 09:16 PM
Just adorable! I love her expression in the first pic! And NO, we are NOT sick of seeing her photos -- what would I do without AG and EP to help me decide what to buy Ava???

The babygrow is so sweet on her! And I love the stripe capris and cami. I want to buy that set in every color!

Robyn & Ava

etwahl
04-22-2005, 09:18 PM
oooh Denise, those are ADORABLE! Okay, now I want to get the hat to match, because we got that exact same outfit in those same colors. Dang, I hate having to pay shipping twice! What size is the hat?

Also, I like the babygrow. I didn't buy it, but now am considering it. Do you really love it? I was thinking that I wouldn't want it because it's a one piece, but we're far from potty training. Also, I didn't know if the one piece would be comfy, or what size to buy. But having you say it's light and airy, I'm thinking of going for it, because it gets to be 100 here A LOT! Those are great pictures. But of course now I want to spend more money, lol!

Tammy,
mom to Lauren (March 2003)

lrucci
04-22-2005, 09:34 PM
I love it all and never tire of seeing Miss AG! She is just too cute. I absolutely adore that first picture, the expression on her face is priceless. I almost ordered the dungarees, they look so comfy and that color is beautiful on AG. The last outfit is TDF on her. She looks too stinkin cute in that hat.

Thanks for sharing.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

kalebsmama
04-22-2005, 09:40 PM
Ouch Denise! I just fell hard off the fence! No, seriously, I've been waiting for you to post pictures of the adorable AG so I could decide what sizes to get. Kate isn't as tall, but about the same weight I usually get the same sizes as you.

What size hat did you get? Which store did you order from? I've been lucky with VF lately.

Now, if I can just decide which colors to get! I keep changing my mind when I see everyone's choices! LOL!

Thanks for the pictures! I love it all!

momtoemma
04-22-2005, 10:02 PM
Denise,

How are the striped capris running? I usually have to size down in Naartjie to keep the pants from falling down, but I wasn't sure about these. AG looks so CUTE in all her new outfits! Every time I see pics of another darling girl, I want to place yet another order!

khakismom
04-22-2005, 10:07 PM
Oh Denise, she is just so cute! I love it all and you did perfectly on the sizes. I am expecting my big order early next week (my order finalized today) and I am getting so excited based on everyone's pictures!! WHEE!

Quick question, what are AG's stats again? Thanks!

Tracey
04-22-2005, 10:15 PM
I love the last outfit and that hat is too cute! That one just may push me over the fence to order. I so wish Naartjie would have a real catalog that we could order from.

squimp
04-23-2005, 01:52 AM
I love that last outfit - it's a must have!

And the pink shorts outfit. We need more shorts, and I love the one pair of Naartjie shorts we do have.

lmladuke
04-23-2005, 06:16 AM
Denise:

Ooohhh nooo....now I have a long list of Naartjie to order too! My cc is taking a beating! LOVE the first and last outfits! How does the babygrow run for sizing? Do you go by the size you order for tops or bottoms for it?

I love all of your pics of AG - they are always great and really helpful too!!

Lori

Mommy to Jonathan Matthew 7/27/01
and Katherine Olivia 7/28/04

http://lilypie.com/baby1/050728/2/13/3/-5/.png

pritchettzoo
04-23-2005, 10:48 AM
I thought I had it narrowed down to just one outfit! Noooooo! ;) AG is a cutie as always!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and a BOY! (coming July '05)

karin4
04-23-2005, 11:00 AM
Denise, these are such cute pics-- even for AG, so the standard is darn high! I just love her expression in the first one. "Yes, mom, I like the outfit. Are you done yet?"

I like so many of these outfits on her so much! My favorites have to be the babygrow and the cami/striped capris-- the new pink is just so pretty on her-- but there's not a weak entry in this line up. Good job!

I *finally* completed my order on Friday, after reading both Tammie and Lisa's posts that they had to size down (even way down) on the Indian Stripe capris. Size 3s have been far and away the best fit on Eliza, so I was trying to find them, but all the shipping stores were either out of them, or hadn't yet received them. So I sized down to 12-18 months...we'll see how they fit. 18-24 are usually too baggy, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Anyway, we ordered some of the same things, and after seeing AGs photos, I'm even more eager for them to get here!

momceecers
04-23-2005, 11:19 AM
Good photo technique transfix the child and keep snapping that camera. LOL

I love that you post lots of photos. It seems that so many people wait to see what sizes are working for AG and then go shopping. I love that you are the group guinea pig. Smile

Cindy

Buffys Mommy
04-23-2005, 11:28 AM
Sarah thinks Amy Grace has great tastes in both clothes and TV shows. She also loves "Deeeeee" as she calls Dora.

Amy Grace looks adorable. I think my favorite outfits are the baby grow in new pink, and the spearmint dress. Although the cami and striped pants are pretty stinkin cute too. I've been in the store 4 times and I've yet to really "see" the cami.

When I was in yesterday, they had the new pink dungarees with I think the white solid tee with lolli flower and I thought that looked like a great match. Might work with your new orange dungarees too...

Tammie
Momma to Sarah Michelle 10/13/03

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url] 18 months and counting

parkersmama
04-25-2005, 03:48 PM
Thanks! The dungaree outfit is a medium weight. It's linen so a bit heavier than the light poplin of the other pieces. It still seems like it will be cool and comfy, though. Also, it has no buttons/zippers etc. except the snaps at the crotch. The straps are elastic and very stretchy so it's quite easy to get on and off.

parkersmama
04-25-2005, 03:50 PM
Thanks! Glad we could be of service! ;) The striped pants are slightly heavier than the other poplin pieces but still very lightweight. They are probably a bit lighter than Gymbo poplin pants usually are. Plus they are loose which will help with the heat. They are definitely not a twill. :)

parkersmama
04-25-2005, 03:54 PM
Thanks, Tammy! And yes, Lauren *must* have the hat!! I got an 18-36mos (baby girl M/L) and it fits great. She even has her little ponytail under the hat in the pics. I'm actually thinking about buying another one in a different color! :)

And the babygrow...it is so fabulous! The fabric is so lightweight that it's perfect for our hot, humid summers. AG isn't potty training either so I figured this is my last summer for one pieces so I thought I'd go for it.

parkersmama
04-25-2005, 04:07 PM
I've seen posts saying that they are running really big but I didn't think so. I ordered our normal size in Naartjie pants and they fit great with a bit of growing room. Of course, she had just had those two slices of pizza so who knows how they'll fit normally? ;)

parkersmama
04-25-2005, 04:12 PM
I think she's about 33" and 27lbs. I'm not 100% sure but that's pretty close. :)

parkersmama
04-25-2005, 04:14 PM
Lori, I got the babygrow in the same size she wears for tops/dresses. It is roomy and should fit all summer but it's not too big to go ahead and wear now. The dungarees seemed to run larger, IMO. HTH!

jpang
04-25-2005, 05:03 PM
Hi, Denise,

Oh, AG is so cute! I love all of the outfits... you seem to have gotten the sizing absolutely right. That pink looks great on her.

My favorite is the cami and striped pants, though. I got the same set for DD in zest. I think it looks so cute; I can already tell it's going to be one of my favorite summer outfits for her. But now I'm thinking... I must go back for the hat!

When I saw your photos I had to laugh-- Lena gets the same expression that AG does when she watches Dora. Lately Lena has been saying "Abre! Abre!" whenever she wants us to open a door or a package.

Thanks for posting-- I never get tired of seeing AG!

kalebsmama
04-25-2005, 09:49 PM
I just saw a picture over at GymboRebel of the pink dungarees with a sporty stripe top in new pink. It looks really cute. Maybe that top in new orange with yours?

Edited because I just went back to look and you've already seen it! Oh well, I still think it's cute!

parkersmama
04-26-2005, 07:01 AM
Thanks for the tip, Jan. Yeah, I saw that outfit and thought it looked really cute. I'm not sure that I like the new orange stripe, though. Doesn't it have a dark red in it as well as the orange? It just doesn't look summery to me. I was thinking of calling the store and asking what top they recommend. I held up the pink solid tunic with them and it actually looked pretty cute because it has the orange flowers in it.