PDA

View Full Version : bows for infant with hardly any hair??? ideas?

daisy1234
04-22-2005, 08:27 PM
My dd christening is coming up in a couple of weeks and I'd ove to put a simple bow in her hair...any ideas? I really don't care for headbands.

Someone suggested a tiny bow and "glue" it to her head with KY jelly??? they said that is what the nurses in the hospital did? Anyone hear of this?

Thanks!

tadylkat
04-22-2005, 09:06 PM
Try this:

https://www.hairclippy.com/

They work incredibly well especially in younger infants. I used these on my dd until she was about 11 months... that's when she started pulling them out the second I put them in. They are really cute, they stay put with little hair (Magnetic), and they are small.

ellies mom
04-23-2005, 12:59 AM
I knew a lady who used a dab of Elmer's glue to keep a small ribbon bow in place and some other people I knew suggested Caro's syrup. Quite honestly, I think the Elmers glue route is the way to go. I'm not too comfortable with the whole dab of sticky sugar thing. DH was horrified so I never did it. I would think that the KY Jelly wouldn't dry and the bow would slide around. Hope you find something that works for you.

momceecers
04-23-2005, 11:09 AM
I've done the KY and it works fine. Just remember a little goes a long way.

Cindy

P.S. This is what they did for DD in the hospital where she was born

gour0
04-23-2005, 12:47 PM
Mamahill posted that she did this with Ainsleigh. It worked great and they did it every day. It washed right out in the bath.