PDA

View Full Version : Advice on shoe size for my little guy

DebbieJ
04-23-2005, 02:49 PM
I'm usually a big Preschoolians fan, but I don't like their sandals. So ds and I went to the mall last week to check out Stride Rite. The clerk measured him and we found that his left is a solid 5 while his right is a little bigger.

She brought out two pair--5 1/2 and 6. I'm afraid that the 5 1/2 won't last us through the summer--there didn't seem to be much room to grow. But the 6 was falling off his ankle as he walked. I don't want him to get blisters! Since the weather turned cool here again, we ended up walking out empty handed. I figured I'd wait to until it warms up again and then maybe the 6 will fit better.

I'm also thinking about going to a different shoe store--the one where we got all our shoes growing up. It's an independent store that has always been known for it's customer service and quality. I wasn't totally confident in the Stride Rite clerk--she basically left it up to me to decide which size to get.

Anyway, what do you think I should do? What size would you recommend? We're probably going to get the Guppy sandal if that matters.

~ deb
DS 12/03

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

iluvmy2boys
04-23-2005, 03:35 PM
You should go with the smaller size (the size that didn't leave space at his ankle) as you don't want him to get blisters. But also, consider looking for another style maybe that has a ankle that is adjustable (I'm not sure what's in the baby sizes as my son hasn't worn those sizes since he was 2 - but I know the tevas that we got have the adj ankle) That can eliminate that problem.

Sorry if not much help!