PDA

View Full Version : How the heck am I supposed to decide which color Naartjie to order?

lmladuke
04-25-2005, 09:17 AM
I have a big old list that I am waiting to email, but I am getting stuck on colors. I want to have some things mix and match, but also want to have some things be different. It's really hard to get a sense of how the pieces look in all colors from the Naartjie site. Here's what I am thinking:

Newborn Lawn Skirt Island stripe babygrown in white
Indian stripe Capris in white and poplin cami in new pink (love how this looks on all of the BB girls I have seen).

Are these too similar?

I am also going to get some essentials pieces - tee and shorts or stripe shorts - was thinking spearmint for these.

Am I better off to get the stripe capris and cami in spearmint? (I like how that looks in pics too, but for some reason, I really love the white capris.) I just end up feeling like we have lots of pink. Don't know if I love the zest or orange colors.

I am also trying to stay away from some of the dresses, because I am already feeling like we have a closet full of impractical stuff for an almost 1-year old and am trying to get things that will be comfortable/practical for am almost walker - otherwise the Lolli dress would be mine too!!

Lori

Mommy to Jonathan Matthew 7/27/01
and Katherine Olivia 7/28/04

http://lilypie.com/baby1/050728/2/13/3/-5/.png

AvasMama
04-25-2005, 09:37 AM
I love the white colors, too, but I think your first two outfits are going to be too similar. I think the New Orange in this line is gorgeous! It's not neon -- kind of a deep apricot. Very pretty. I would get the babygrow in New Orange, the pink cami and white stripe capris, and then some essentials in spearmint and zest -- these two colors look good together. Maybe a spearmint top and zest bottoms if you're not sure about the zest? The white knit shorts also look great with spearmint as they have a spearmint flower on them (as do the zest shorts).

Good luck! I just did a second order to get sizing right and add a couple of things.

Robyn & Ava

momceecers
04-25-2005, 11:14 AM
Robyn gave some great advice. I would also recommend the babygrow if you are looking for livable and very cute.

If you are trying to stay away from impractical I would pass on the white capris. On a crawler they may not stay white long. (Even though I loooove white on little ones). Anyway, good luck I hope you like what you decide on.

Cindy

lmladuke
04-25-2005, 11:26 AM
Funny, I was just thinking that I might not get the stripe capris in white because they will get filthy. So I may get the stripe babygrow in white instead. I have been looking at naartjielove for ideas - now I have even MORE stuff on my list.

Lori

Mommy to Jonathan Matthew 7/27/01
and Katherine Olivia 7/28/04

http://lilypie.com/baby1/050728/2/13/3/-5/.png

lctippins
04-25-2005, 01:56 PM
I agree with Robyn's advice. The white indian stripe capris and new pink cami look sooo cute together! Consider getting the white stripe hat as well... such an adorable combo. Just save the white capris for days when you'll be indoors or running errands. If you're really concerned that they won't stay clean, you could get the capris in new pink instead - those will look nice with the new pink cami as well. If you get some basics in spearmint and/or zest, you'll have a nice mix of colors. Let us know what you decide, and make sure you post pics!

Lisa - Mom to Kendall, 6/6/03

parkersmama
04-25-2005, 01:57 PM
I think I'd get the babygrow in white and get the cami/capris in another color. How about getting them in zest? I just saw a pic of a little girl in that combo and it was *gorgeous*! So much cuter than I thought it would be. Or, get the cami/capris in new pink and get a white hat that would go with them and the babygrow. The hats are really cute! I also just saw a pic of a little girl in the spearmint tunic top with the spearmint striped essential pants and that looked adorable.

You're right though. For me, choosing the colors to go with is the most overwhelming part. I usually know pretty quickly which pieces I want but figuring out what colors to get them in drives me batty!

lrucci
04-25-2005, 10:50 PM
Lori,

I really like the striped capris and camis together. My favorite combination is the striped capris and cami in spearmint. The zest cami looks good with the spearming capris, as does the white striped capris and pink cami. I also ordered the orange lolli babygrow and it is so cute, as Robyn mentioned.

As for basics, I ordered the tee, shorts, and striped shorts. They are all great basics and will be great play clothes. The flower on the shirt and shorts seems like it would be easy to snip off, if you don't particularly care for it.

Looking back on this post, I'm not sure if I helped or not. I don't think I narrowed anything down for you. That's the trouble with this line - it's all too darn cute.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03