PDA

View Full Version : Old Navy swim sizing

indigo
04-25-2005, 05:49 PM
So I went to O/N and got two swimsuits for my DD, thinking that I would figure out which size fits and return the other. Well, it turns out she can wear the 2T top, but both the 2T and 18-24 bottoms are too big! And they're sold as sets, so it looks like I'm going to have to go back and buy a 12-18 set (with a top that won't fit) just so we have a pair that she can wear! Is that the only solution, or is there another way out I haven' thought of? Oh, and we are leaving for vacation day after tomorrow!!

(For the record, DD is almost 10 months, weighs 18 lbs 3 oz and is 29 inches tall. Tall for her age but midle of the pack for weight, per the charts.)

thanks for any suggestions (or commiseration)...

indigo
DD 7/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_garnet_6m.gif
six months and counting!

pritchettzoo
04-25-2005, 11:00 PM
How big is too big? If it's over her swim diaper, will it be merely a cosmetic thing or will they plain fall off her bum? I guess you could try to find a swim diaper that matches and just use the top that fits. Or if you're handy with a needle and thread, you could take in the waist elastic on the bottoms. That's very strange!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and a BOY! (coming July '05)

indigo
04-25-2005, 11:41 PM
Hmmm, I hadn't thought about whether a swim dpie would be bulkier than the regular kind. I'll try one on and see.

I guess it's not too weird that the top and bottom would fit her differently - I like to buy my swimsuits in different sizes for the top and bottom, too! :0)

thanks for the suggestion!

indigo
DD 7/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_garnet_6m.gif
six months and counting!

Samraelanelevi
04-26-2005, 10:55 PM
I've noticed that same thing with Old Navy swim suits. The bottoms seem to run big. I just bought my 4 year old a two piece from there and she wears either a 3 or 4 in most brands but fits nicely in the 2t suit and the bottoms were even a bit roomy on her.