PDA

View Full Version : Need inexpensive dress shoes for boy

essnce629
04-27-2005, 03:11 AM
I'm looking for black dress shoes to go with Conner's ring bearer tux, but I don't want to spend a fortune since he'll probably only wear them once. So far the only places I've tried are Target and Nordstrom Rack, but the shoes they have are so stiff and have such thick soles that I'm afraid he wouldn't be able to walk in them (he's only worn Robeez and Preschoolians so far and those are so thin and flexible). Does anyone know of any inexpensive black dress shoes that are still flexible? Or will I be forced to spend a fortune or else buy the rock hard ones and hope for the best. The 18 month old girl I watch wears Stride Rite shoes and they seem so stiff and heavy compared to our Preschoolians.

***Latia
Conner 8/19/03

August Mom
04-27-2005, 07:34 AM
I think if you want something more flexible than SRs but still inexpensive, you'll have a tough search. I've seen some black dress shoes at Sears (around Christmas) for $14, but they weren't super flexible. One of my friends got some at Payless. I have also found some shoes that are decent at DSW, but I have no idea if there are black dress shoes there now.

pritchettzoo
04-27-2005, 08:15 PM
A local independent baby store has Gold Bug shoes that are cheap and seem to be flexible. I've never bought them, just looked at them in the store. They look to be exactly what you want--sort of one-time-use dressy shoes.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and a BOY! (coming July '05)

LD92599
04-27-2005, 08:18 PM
How about the Robeez "tux" shoes? Might be good esp since that's what he's used to.

ETA: I saw these recently in Daffy's for approx $12.

Laura
mom to William

LKibala at optonline dot net

http://homepage.mac.com/ld14m

momceecers
04-29-2005, 03:08 PM
Have you check with the place you are getting his tux from? I would see what they have to offer. If they have his size tux they probably have shoes too. That way you wouldn't have to worry about getting a pair and only wearing them one time. Good Luck

Cindy