PDA

View Full Version : Need a Newborn Gift!

alkagift
06-20-2005, 07:56 PM
I'm an auntie again! My SIL just had the most beautiful baby boy today and I'd like to get him something extra cute, even though he'll be wearing the hand-me-downs from his big brother. Any really sweet things that you like? I'll be looking at something in the 3 month size or so.

Thanks in advance!

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, who is TWO!

pritchettzoo
06-20-2005, 09:05 PM
Congratulations Auntie Allison! How is she doing? I hope her liver is okay...

If you're feeling adventurous enough to order Naartjie, we got a couple of really cute things from there for the Boy.
http://www.naartjie.homestead.com/saleitems/layettesaleitems.html Scroll down--the Yarn Dye Stripe Dungaree is really cute IRL and you can get matching hats.

Otherwise maybe Janie and Jack? They have some cute layette stuff right now. Maybe they'll have something cute on the sale rack?

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and a BOY! (coming July '05)

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
06-21-2005, 08:23 AM
My favorite- the red monkey shoes from Robeez, they make everyone smile!

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04

MeredithsMom
06-21-2005, 09:02 AM
Congrats, Auntie!

I really love Janie and Jack stuff for newborns. I recently got coordinating sailor outfits for a friend expecting boy/girl twins. What's especially nice about J&J for gift-giving is the free and beautiful wrapping!

swampus
06-21-2005, 02:46 PM
I always go for www.robeez.com , as someone already suggested. I even got the red monkeys for myself (err... my dd!). :)

also, check out
http://www.craftefamily.com/craft/block_baby.asp

for my newest favorite thing to give. It's special that you'll be an aunt, too (since you can personalize the block with "a special gift from... " and you can fill it in.

Everyone always gets clothes, and to be honest, you should think about getting at least 6-9 months or more, since they only wear the smaller sizes for mere weeks! I always hated having to send such a cute outfit straight to the basement in storage, when I could have seen it on my kids for much longer in a larger size.

good luck!