PDA

View Full Version : where did you get your favorite pair of jeans for your DD?

shishamo
06-20-2005, 11:01 PM
I don't know why but I can't find a nice pair of PLAIN jeans for my DD!
I am looking for a very soft denim, thin fabric is fine, plain details (so that it will match everything), Prefer pull-on style so that she can go potty by herself.

Any suggestions? She is 3 years old, 38", 36lbs with a bit of a belly...

murpheyblue
06-20-2005, 11:25 PM
Have you tried The Children's Place. I like their jeans for DD. I also like Gap jeans but it's hard to find plain jeans there sometimes.

audball
06-20-2005, 11:33 PM
I got some cute bell bottoms (very plain!) at the Osh kosh outlet...they were dirt cheap! Also, got a pair of the capri jeans from ann taylor loft and they are quite nice...just one strawberry in the back!

AvasMama
06-21-2005, 06:59 AM
I like the babystyle brand bootcut jeans -- they are plain, soft, and a bit stretchy and have adjustable waists. I am pretty sure they come in toddler sizes.

Robyn & Ava

emmiem
06-21-2005, 08:08 AM
I have the pair from the gap. They are thiner, have a pull on waist, and just one pink bow at the waist. I like them for school. Easy on, Easy off. I know they have the shorts like them now but I bet the pants will be back in about one month. They have had them for several years.
Michele

sdbc
06-21-2005, 08:55 AM
oldnavy.com has some plain jeans.

Sue, mommy to Aurora (Rory) born 5/13/04

shishamo
06-21-2005, 09:47 AM
Thank you for the suggestions!

I have not looked at TCP, I will try that. Is it soft?

Robyn, I can't find any jeans at babystyle.com. I actually looked there before posting.....I do do sort of remember seeing one, though? Your description sounds perfect.

I actually had these gap jeans with pink bow in 3XL that she outgrew just recently. There aren't any more at the store at this moment, but I'm so glad to hear that they may carry them in the fall again!

karin4
06-21-2005, 11:59 AM
I just bought Eliza a pair at Babies R Us that I like a lot. They look like knock offs of these Janie & Jack ones:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/27593.jpg
They have the ruffle at the bottom but no detailing beyond that. The denim is nice and soft, and a lighter weight. They do have a snap and zipper in the front, but the back is elastic, so you could just pull them on and off without bothering with them (that's what we do). And they're a bargain-- $8, I think?

AvasMama
06-21-2005, 04:42 PM
They still have them at babystyle:

http://www.babystyle.com/common/dProductDetail.asp?PMId=16781&SIND=1&dept=1&cmCL=kidsdept-girl2t-5tbottoms&cmPG=

I am just about to order Ava a new pair for fall -- they are even on sale!

Robyn & Ava

erzzie
06-21-2005, 05:06 PM
Robyn,
What size fits Ava? And do you know Ava's measurements? I think Amelia is a little bigger than Ava, but not too much. She is 26 lbs and just under 33 inches.

Those are super cute and you can't beat finding them on sale!

Thanks!

shishamo
06-21-2005, 05:58 PM
Thank you for the link :-)

shishamo
06-21-2005, 06:01 PM
thank you, I will try to check them out :-) I don't usually go there (too crazy with my three), but it's good to know and that's great price!

MeredithsMom
06-21-2005, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the link. I'd been looking for fall jeans for Meredith and was able to find the baby sized ones. Can't beat getting them on sale, plus I have free 2-day shipping for life at BabyStyle. Woo-hoo!

AvasMama
06-21-2005, 06:19 PM
Ava is 31" and 21" and I will be buying her 12-18. They run long, and Ava wore her 6-12 pair from last Sept. until now. I cuffed them last fall and they are full-length now. I would think Amelia could do the 18-24s and then just cuff them for now if they are long. The adjustable waist means you can get several seasons' wear out of them :)

Robyn & Ava

MaddiesMommy
06-21-2005, 08:22 PM
Hi,

These jeans look great. Thanks for posting about them Robyn. I did a quick search for a coupon code to use and I found one for $10 off $30. It's BABYJEL and expires on 6/30/05. I was going to order two pairs of these jeans for my dd so it makes them a really great deal. HTH some others too.

Janine