PDA

View Full Version : Can I ask another shoe question?

neeter
06-21-2005, 10:04 AM
We have just gotten DS a pair of his first real walking shoe, and he's doing well with them. I'm just thinking about his old soft-sole shoes. He went through probably 3 or 4 pairs of Robeez.

I know there's caution against children wearing old shoes, since they have already been broken-in with someone else's footprints. Does this also apply to baby's soft-sole shoes, esp when worn by a pre-walker? I'm just trying to decide what to do with DS' old Robeez...hang onto them for a future sibling, or donate them, or ....?

Thanks!!

vsmommy123
06-21-2005, 11:27 AM
I think the hand me down caution should be taken w/ a grain of salt. I am totally going to let my 2nd DD wear my 1st DD's shoes, as long as they are not totally worn out. Most of the shoes look practically new! I still have ALL of her shoes, even the rattier tennies, which might come in handy for some muddy outing or something. As for the Robeez, I would save those for a future sibling for sure, there's no sole on them to worry about. Plus they can be hand washed and re-stuffed w/ that lambswool stuff they come w/ and be like new for the next kid!

neeter
06-21-2005, 06:39 PM
Thank you, I appreciate your response. Woo hoo, we get to keep the Robeez! :) :)