PDA

View Full Version : Missed you all terribly!

stella
06-23-2005, 09:48 PM
And you probably didn't even know I was gone, did you? LOL.

I had a seminar in Austin, Texas, on Advanced Cross Examination Tactics presented by Roger Dodd (who apparently is on CNN and Court TV). It was great.

What was even better was leaving my town early to get there yesterday so that I could start my little trip by a visit to not one but two Janie and Jacks!

My Austin, TX CS report is that the lady at the Arboretum was just lovely and helpful and sweet. The lady at the Barton Creek Mall was not very friendly, but then again, I only returned there and didn't buy anything. Partly because of her attitude and partly because I went there second and had already rounded out our FC wardrobe at the 1st location.

I returned the FC wrap dress because it just did not fit correctly. Too sort and too big in the armholes. Too bad because it was such a gorgeous dress in concept. I had already the floral capris and scenic tee. I bought on sale the floral wrap, the jeans, the cardigan, the jumper, and the white peasant blouse.

So we have a LOT of FC, but I think it's a great line and will transition into fall especially here where it will be hot until mid-October.

I am looking for the patchwork jumper in a 3T. That dress is to die for! If anyone's store has it, please let me know.

I just missed my J&J friends last night while I was alone in my hotel room and could have been online discussing my finds!

Hope everybody is having fun shopping the sale! Had my boss not been sitting next to me, I might have skipped the seminar to go BACK.

Claire

parkersmama
06-23-2005, 11:10 PM
LOL! Sounds like you had a great time shopping! Isn't it funny how all of our trips are punctuated by what great kids' stores are there? :) Glad you're back!

karin4
06-24-2005, 12:47 AM
...and here I thought I was the only nut that built Janie & Jack time into trips!

I went up to Seattle last week to catch a baseball game with my brother. I made sure I arrived hours earlier than we'd planned to meet, just so I'd have time to go to J&J.

tigalig
06-24-2005, 01:25 PM
Welcome back, Claire. It's so funny to read about others' trips and scheduled "necessary visits." I really thought I might be the only one - we're planning to visit south FL in the spring and I'm considering my place to stay, according to the nearest stores. Pitiful, but true. :)