PDA

View Full Version : Update...See Kai Run Quality Question....

kijip
06-25-2005, 01:38 AM
Sometime in October 04, I saw the SKR shoes at a local store, fell in love and in November, I bought a pair of Sams (the red and white ones). Then early this year 2 pairs of Oscars at the same local store and then the Devons. The shoes were/are buttery soft. Toby has really worn out the Sams and he has outgrown the old size fives. He loves those Sams, however. Loves them. He wakes up asking for red shoes, red shoes....I actually had them stretched by a cobbler and had the velcro repaired (Toby is really hard on his shoes so I did not think it was a defect).

Since we needed to size up, I took Toby out and we bought him a new pair of Sams today. The new size 7s. I SWEAR this pair is NOT as nice as the ones I bought before. The shoes just don't have that buttery soft feeling, especially on the inside. Has anyone else seen this happen or maybe my pair is just a rough piece of leather? Thoughts? For $30 a pop I expect too-die-for shoes....

Updated to add: Velcro issue- Now in addition to the repaired velcro on the old, hard worn Sams I have noticed that the velcro on the moderately worn Devons is nearly all off and the velcro on the barely worn oscars (dress shoes!) is peeling off...Must remember to call these folks on Monday. Please let me know if anyone here has had qaulity issues....I love these shoes, they are made for Toby's fat little feet. I hope that they can fix them for me!

sweetbasil
06-25-2005, 09:49 AM
huh- I haven't seen that...have you e-mailed Cause at SKR? They monitor the BBB, so maybe they'll see it and want to make sure you're a happy customer ;)

Lovingliv
06-28-2005, 01:58 PM
What is "SKR"? TIA

Rachel

Olivia 4/05

DebbieJ
06-28-2005, 02:08 PM
See Kai Run. They're shoes.

~ deb
DS 12/03
And a niece or nephew arriving in early August!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

kijip
06-28-2005, 02:16 PM
It is not my week with these shoes...still need to call SKR. What a pain. I will post pics of where the new ones broke to see if anyone else has seen this happen.

Lovingliv
06-28-2005, 04:23 PM
>See Kai Run. They're shoes.
>
>
oohhhh, thanks.

stefani
07-07-2005, 08:11 PM
Hi Katie,

Any update on this, :-)

I am thinking of buying some more, but wondering if I should specify old size versions only if the quality of the new ones are not as good as the old ones. DS has a Kai Kai (old size) and Devon (new size), and I think the leather is a tad softer on the Kai Kai, but it is not bad at all on the Devon, so I am wondering if this is what you meant by the change ini the quality. I don't have any shoes that are the same model but different vintage, so I cannot compare it so easily.

Thanks.

kijip
07-08-2005, 02:58 PM
I got too busy with Toby's birthday! Thanks for the reminder----I will call again today!

The issue is not just the leather...the leather strap on my BRAND NEW Sams is pulling off and the Velcro on the Oscars (rarely worn), Devons (moderately worn) is peeling off or completely off. The old Sams had the velcro come off but I chalked that up to their status as park shoes and repaired them at my own expense....the Oscars and Devons have not been worn in the same way... The new sams are the only ones I have in the new sizing.

stefani
08-13-2005, 11:05 PM
bump :-)

TahliasMom
08-13-2005, 11:16 PM
I have the new SKR shoes so I can't compare them to the old ones. I have the abbie and katelyn models I think and DD has worn them pretty much 3-4 times a week for the past 3 months at the park, daycare, mall, etc. they are holding up great and we have had no problems with the velcro even though DD enjoys peeling the veclro on and off. I have 3 more for the winter (qwynn, sadie and tila boot)yes I love them that much, so I hope it's just a fluke...

audball
08-14-2005, 01:47 AM
I bought the Katelyn in 9 for DD and she pretty much ruined them after 4 weeks, but I think it's because she's really hard on shoes (she tends to wear the same shoes day in and day out - a toddler thing!). The lining of the insoles peeled off after the 4th week. It probably didn't help that she likes to peel things off her shoes and often wears them barefoot. Truthfully, I wasn't as impressed with them for her as I was with the Jacks, which we have for DS. The Katelyns seemed like a thinner leather and certainly his insoles have held up better (he wears them at least as often as she does). He has worn those every day and not had an issue. Both pair were in the new sizing.

I am tempted to buy him the next size up in the Kais because, IMO, they are the cutest boy shoes out there for toddlers :)!

rfeibelm
08-15-2005, 10:31 AM
My ds has the Jaydens and has been wearing them almost everyday for the past couple of weeks now. I haven't seen a problem yet. I hope I don't too as we love these shoes! They are so cute! I want to get the Ralph and the Ellis boot for the fall.