PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever repped Ragsland/Orient Expressed/Kelly's Kids?

Mommy_Again
06-28-2005, 05:05 PM
I am seriously thinking about becoming a home show rep for one of these companies - probably not KK, though, because a woman I go to church with already does it. The other two companies have no sales in my area, so there wouldn't be any competition.

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with Ragsland or OE, or knows someone who does it. I live in South Florida, so not everyone here is "smock-happy," but I think I can build a pretty good base of people who would buy it.

I'm trying to choose between the two...they are both pretty comprable in price. Ragsland seems to have a lot more casual clothes, which is good.

mykidzmom
06-28-2005, 09:31 PM
I've never repped, but I've ordered from all the lines. I love them all! :) I'm in Tennessee, and smocked/appliqued clothing is very popular here. Especially anything monogrammed or with a name on it. I just received an order from Ragsland last week. I bought a bunch of things for my DD for next year. I love their stuff. That's who I would probably go with. Orient Expressed is great too, but like you said...it is mostly dressy stuff. Good luck! :)

Mommy_Again
06-28-2005, 10:29 PM
You live in Franklin, right? I think I remember you from a previous thread. I used to live in Brentwood.

I have to compare the commission structure of each to see which is better - I was leaning towards Ragsland, but they only pay 12% for orders under $3000, and it increases a % point until you reach $20,000 and then you get 20%. OE gives you 15% for orders up to $2500 and 20% for everything above that. Seems like a better deal.

I like that Ragsland has more casual things...on the other hand, since the clothes are pricey, maybe people will want it to be a really "special" looking outfit, which OE has more of.

mykidzmom
06-28-2005, 11:42 PM
Hi Ashley,
Yes, I do remember you! I do live in Franklin (Grassland area) which is very near Brentwood. You're right about the commission, OE definitely sounds better. I like OE's smocking much better than Ragsland. I always order from OE...so if you start selling, let me know, and I will place my order through you instead of the website. I've never been to a party...not sure if there is a rep in this area or not.

BTW, where do you live in Florida? We have always wanted to move there. My DH actually had interviews in Tampa and Gainesville, plus a few in Alabama. He works for the newspaper, but we ended up staying here. Hopefully one day we'll move to the *Sunshine State*!
We're going to Seaside at the end of next month...can't wait!

Let me know what you decide about selling!......Renee