PDA

View Full Version : will someone please vouch for me to join gymbojie?

stella
06-28-2005, 10:48 PM
I feel like I'm missing out on all the good kids' clothing scoop.

I know that many of you are members and that they are adding slowly, but could someone help me get on the list?

My credentials are that I am just as Hanna and J&J crazy as everybody else!!

Gymborebel's J&J board is so lonely!

thanks

Claire

jvorhis
06-29-2005, 12:00 PM
I wanted to get on the waiting list too. Gymborebel is not what is use to be.

AvasMama
06-29-2005, 12:25 PM
I don't want you guys to think no one is responding because they don't like you! I like you both :) It's just that after the previous thread here about Gymbojie, they were absolutely bombarded with people trying to join, asking for recs, etc.

FWIW, I know they are not currently considering anyone who is not active at GR. My guess (I don't know for sure) is that this is because they really discourage lurkers at GJ.

Robyn & Ava

stella
06-29-2005, 01:40 PM
I haven't been so "active" on GR, but those of you here know how "active" I am. Way too according to some sources - my husband, for example.

And for heaven's sake, I am a CHARTER MEMBER at BBB! That should be worth something.

I'm just kidding. I don't know what charter member means. I didn't even know I was one until someone asked me how I attained that status.

I (and everybody else apparently) am losing forums in which to discuss the utterly frivolous and fun world of children's clothes and wish that I had somewhere to go.

It's not a big deal.
Claire

karin4
06-29-2005, 01:48 PM
LOL about the charter member thing. I'm actually one, too (under my old login name-- karin, without the 4), and I also have no idea what it means.

Phoebe
06-29-2005, 02:00 PM
I know Claire, I feel the same way. After reading the 'yuck' on the cloth diaper forum, I'm not posting anymore pictures of the kids. I really want to join a private board. Maybe someone will put in a word for us at gymbojie, but even if we don't get included, I'm not taking it personally.

The only reason I was just a lurker at gymborebel was because I was active here. I only have time to post to one board, and barely any time at that.

I very much want all the photos on the board deleted and for the board to become private. I'm not comfortable with the openess of it.

Mary
DD 4/01
DS 6/03

karin4
06-29-2005, 02:04 PM
Count me in as one who'd also like to see all the older photos deleted. Rashmi has a poll up in the lounge asking if anyone would object to the deletion of older attachments. If it can't be done unilaterally by a moderator, I'd be happy to remove my own if the "too old to edit" can be changed.

jvorhis
06-29-2005, 03:11 PM
I did. At least is a new place to try and they have a nice BST area.

stella
06-29-2005, 03:32 PM
what is that?

HHCs Mom
06-29-2005, 03:42 PM
I'd also like more information on the MSN group. I usually lurk at GR since I post more here and read more over here. I hate that it's slowed down so much everywhere.

Kim
~ mama to a sweet boy named Harrison ~ 4.6.04

jvorhis
06-29-2005, 03:50 PM
Check this section on GymboRebel. It will tell you all about it there.

Websites, Clubs, and Other Non-GymboRebel Endorsed Sites

MeredithsMom
06-29-2005, 05:15 PM
I feel the same way as some of the other posters here--I only have 26 posts or something at GR b/c I came to it later and then did most of my posting here. Mostly b/c I have an iMac and can't seem to post pics at GR at all, not even pics of clothes from websites. I am having major clothing talk withdrawal. :-(

AvasMama
06-29-2005, 07:57 PM
The criteria for joining GJ was set up by people from GR, not people from BBB. That's how they decided to handle it. I was just trying to explain why it has been difficult for some people to get accepted. I have zero say in that process.

Robyn & Ava

stella
06-29-2005, 09:10 PM
I understand - I wasn't directing the questions at you. Just in general and in response to the information you happened to provide.

dules
07-01-2005, 09:14 AM
OK, I have to jump in here. I tried to join GJ. I had a nice exchange with a moderator who said that now that she knew who I was (by my eBay, BBB and Yahoo IDs), she would approve me. (To my knowledge, I don't "know" her here, but she was very nice and responsive).

I applied, then emailed her. She could not find my app, then told me that another admin had deleted it and to reapply. I did, she approved me, I went in and looked around. A few hours later I tried to log on again, no luck.

I emailed her, she re-instated my account saying that another admin had deleted it.

I didn't get her email for a few hours, then when I tried it, my account was again deleted. This was almost 2 weeks ago. I have since been emailing that admin but she is no longer replying to my mail.

Just FYI, if you think you're on a list or that this is not a popularity contest of some kind, I'm sad to say that it is. There apparently is no list - if you apply, it is up to the whim of the admins to delete your app so that no one sees that it's waiting for approval. It's happened to me a number of times now; I have no doubt that I am NOT on any list for membership at that site.

It's not fair to let people think they're on a waiting list when they're not. And it's definitely weird to have one admin allow you in and another delete your account without so much as an email notification or explanation. In my book, it felt like Junior High all over again.

I also want the current GJ members here to know that this is the way that the admins are handling that site. Maybe you can institute change - or maybe some of you are moderators and can look into this happening and set some consistent rules. Frankly, while the board looked promising and I saw some BBB buddies over there, the way it's run seems pretty random, unfair and immature. (Now I'm sure I'll NEVER get on the list, lol, but maybe I can at least get some discussion or response!)

Sorry if this is harsh; I've been considering posting it for a few days but now after DD got sick at 2 AM and I'm still up now (10:00 AM) so my filters are low.

Best to all,
Mary

AngelaS
07-01-2005, 09:47 AM
Gymbojie has a 1 strike and you're out rule--one bad transaction and you're kicked off the board. If you guys are having trouble getting in, is it because you've had a bad transaction at some point that someone would've told the admins about?

If you don't, then be patient. They're trying to get everyone who wants in, IN. :D

dules
07-01-2005, 09:51 AM
I have had no bad transactions, no negative feedback on eBay, ever. I saw quite a few people on GJ when I got in that time, whose kids are either wearing my DD's former clothes, pushing one of my former strollers and/or using a diaper bag that originated with me. And I've got clothes, diaper bags and strollers from a number of people I saw there.

If there WERE such a requirement, don't you think they should at least let people know that they've been declined and not just let them think they are on the waiting list?

Until an admin contacts me with specific information as to why my application was deleted twice, and why my account was also deleted twice (while ALL of these were hand approved by one mod who said I had no problem making the criteria) I will continue to make this case.

Best,
Mary

P.S. The GJ application does not ask for other usernames or other board memberships...so I'm not sure how anyone would be able to "judge" whether someone has strikes against them? It comes back to being a popularity contest or, perhaps better stated, a witch hunt - somewhere in cyberspace there "may be" an unknown, unfounded and/or blatantly untrue "strike" against me - but the admins won't tell me about it?

indigo
07-01-2005, 10:05 AM
I would love to be invited to Gymbojie. I have few posts on GR as it's really hard for me to post pics from my Mac (I have more here on BBB) but really miss all the updates and latest pics of the kiddies in their new togs! And, of course I would love to be on a more private board where I could post DD's photos without fear. But, I understand if my activity level is not up to GJ standards - I really don't do B/S/T (too sentimental to part with things, I guess). Anyway I would be sad if RL dwindled away to nothing, too. :0)

indigo
DD 7/04
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_garnet_6m.gif
twelve months and counting!

stella
07-01-2005, 10:13 AM
I guess it's just up to us to keep RL going. It has been such a great site for so long.

But honestly, this diaper picture situation is pretty gruesome.

So I am anxiously awaiting the new secure board that Marie and others are setting up for us. And by the way, THANK YOU all for taking the time to do this.

Maybe that will alleviate some of the angst over not being included in gymbojie. The angst I speak of is my own - not anyone else's, although apparently it's a pretty common sentiment.

Claire

khakismom
07-01-2005, 10:22 AM
>I guess it's just up to us to keep RL going. It has been
>such a great site for so long.

Claire, as usual, you said it PERFECTLY! It is up to *us*, the posters, to keep RL going. We cannot thrive on lurkers who are not giving anything back to the RL community--not posting, not sharing. And I feel like we do have a great community here, so let's not lose sight of that! :)

AngelaS
07-01-2005, 10:32 AM
Mary, I have no idea why you or others aren't in yet. Setting up a board takes a lot of work and time. Rather than slamming the board and the admins, I'd think patience would be the route I'd take.

But I will send them an email about your woes.

dules
07-01-2005, 10:43 AM
Angela, CYE! Thanks!

Best,
Mary

vlslusher
07-01-2005, 09:06 PM
how do you find the board to apply to join? i am clueless!

annabellesmom
07-02-2005, 09:34 PM
Sorry to throw another angle onto this thread but have any BBB pictures been found on the gross diaper site? Is it possible that people have been overreacting just a little bit? In general most pictures are pretty covered up here in RL. Also the demographic of 5-17 yo in diapers is not something that gets posted anywhere in BBB. Is this a case of throwing out the baby with the bath water?

I in no way mean any offensive to anyone. I'm just putting a few thoughts out there.

AvasMama
07-03-2005, 04:31 PM
I don't believe that any BBB photos have been found, thank goodness.

The issue of this being a public board where we have no idea who might be reading our posts or looking at our kids' pictures has come up in the past, and I have previously tried to disregard any concerns I had about posting pics.

But after this last scare, I decided that for me, it was not worth the risk (though admittedly small). I would be devasted to find Ava's picture on a site like that, and in my view, it is not fair to her for me to put her picture out in public. And for what? To talk about baby clothes? I mean, I love shopping and chatting about clothes as much as everyone, but it's not exactly a compelling reason to risk violating her privacy.

This is just my take on it, and I am the first to admit that I am very conservative when it comes to my parenting choices. Others will probably look at the very small risk involved and decide it's not a big deal. That's fine! I have no problem with that.

Robyn & Ava