PDA

View Full Version : Check out what's going on in the diaper forum

AvasMama
06-29-2005, 12:32 PM
I am kind of freaked out by the sicko fetish site that is being discussed over in Butts. Apparently there are pics of babies in diapers AND clothed on this site. Since many of us post lots of pics, I wanted to make sure you all knew about it.

I know many people will think I am overreacting, and I am sure I am, but I will not be posting pics here for the time being. I can't bear to think of my baby's picture being looked at by someone like that and while the risk may be really really small, it's just not worth it to me.

I have to say, I am very sad right now. With this, plus our suspected troll, plus a few other things that have happened here, I no longer feel safe in our little RL world :(

Robyn & Ava

lrucci
06-29-2005, 12:39 PM
Robyn,

Wow, that's kind of freaky. I don't think you're overreacting at all. I just don't understand these weirdos, what is the big thrill to them????

Thanks for the warning. I never go in butts so I didn't know about it.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

urbanmama
06-29-2005, 12:40 PM
Robyn,

You and I have already discussed this, so you know that I totally agree with you. This is incredibly disturbing!

I had already decided (prior to this event) not to post anymore pics here either. BBB is apparently getting to be too well known. :(

melissaflorida
06-29-2005, 01:21 PM
The sickest pictures are the ones posted of the young boys wearing diapers aged 5-17 years old. I read that the FBI has been notified.

I am truly sick to my stomach. I was given a username/password to use just to make sure my dd was not on the site. Thank goodness she wasnt' on there.

If you want to check for your dc photo the user name to use is
user name:jenniferv password: noah

Hugs to all,
Melissa

holliam
06-29-2005, 01:30 PM
Yes, I was thinking about posting here too. Some of the ones with clothed children have weirdo captions like "cloth diaper under this outfit" or other weird crap.

The whole situation is bizarre, but I don't think anyone has found any BBB kids there yet. I was looking some last night before I couldn't take it anymore, and I know Rashmi was scanning today.

Holli

sugarsnappea
06-29-2005, 01:32 PM
Thanks for posting this Robyn. I am in currently about half way done going thru the baby pictures. I feel so sick to my stomach. This is really sick stuff.

karin4
06-29-2005, 01:32 PM
I'm just heartbroken about this. I've had to reach the same conclusion as many of you, and stop posting pics, but I just hate this! I love seeing all your adorable kid photos, and really enjoy posting my own.

I feel like I'm being forced to not see my friends anymore, and I resent the hell out of it.

Tracey
06-29-2005, 01:43 PM
I'm with you, Robyn. After hearing about the nutcase dressing up the dolls I decided that was it for pics. This is just icing on the cake. I did decide to do this. Photobucket will let you password protect your photos. If I ever post any more pics of Ava, I will password protect them. Any member who wants to see them can PM me for the password. I will happily give it to anyone who is a long time member, seems like a "real" mom, and is at least semi-literate. If that sounds snobby or reactionary, I really don't care.

LoveMyBabyBeans
06-29-2005, 01:50 PM
Oh Robyn, thank you for posting this and giving us a heads up. That is just gross and wrong and oh, just wrong.

Phoebe
06-29-2005, 02:04 PM
I just posted in a different RL thread about this. I'm very upset right now, and there is one picture in particular that I'm concerned about that I posted a long time ago. I just want every single one of them deleted.

Mary
DD 4/01
DS 6/03

tigalig
06-29-2005, 02:28 PM
This is really sick and I, too, was worried about posting photos when the whole troll incident happened. It made me wonder who else is watching. Perhaps it's time to start a RL photo group and keep it private. It might be a pain for us to go back and forth, but the fact remains that this is a public place and we're not just posting photos of our kids for clothes-obssessed moms, but apparently for the very big wide world to see! I'm off to delete all of my photos and I'll bump each thread up and I'm sorry!

heidis2girls
06-29-2005, 02:31 PM
Robyn, I totally agree with you and all of the others. I won't be posting pics for a while. I just had a photo session with the girls in the new Hanna's and new Naartjie, but I'm not going to post them. This is so sad and just sick! Why do people do things like this???

urbanmama
06-29-2005, 02:38 PM
I was thinking the same thing. We should create a private board so that we can share pics. Only people who have posted for a while here at BBB and that we "know" should be given access.

I thought about starting it myself, but I don't know that I know enough about internet stuff to start one. Is anyone game?

caridura
06-29-2005, 02:39 PM
Yes, perhaps a Yahoo Group for photo sharing would be good.

Phoebe
06-29-2005, 02:42 PM
I am *all* for starting a private group. Not that I know how do it of course!

Same here, I'm deleting too. If you just edit, then delete the attachments, it shouldn't bump it up. But if you're editing the content of the message (links) then it will bump, but that's ok, as far as I'm concerned. :)

Mary
DD 4/01
DS 6/03

tigalig
06-29-2005, 02:44 PM
I can start it, but I'll need help because I can't always keep up. Perhaps Robyn has ideas on rules, etc. since she has the J&J yahoo group.

*edited* to add that we could even do our RL photo challenges there, now that I'm pretty sure I'll never post another photo here again!

urbanmama
06-29-2005, 02:48 PM
Sounds great, Ida! Just let me know what I need to do to help!

karin4
06-29-2005, 02:49 PM
Another volunteer, here! Anything I can do, just let me know.

tigalig
06-29-2005, 02:54 PM
We probably shouldn't name it the "keep the sickos away" photo group, but something fun that reflects our obssession. :) I must admit that I'm really freaked out and have even changed my avatar.

I'll create the group tonight and then post here. We will need rules though and I'm not that saavy (see my post about how I attached photos in my posts). :)

urbanmama
06-29-2005, 02:55 PM
Rather than having a Yahoo group (which I think are hard to navigate personally), would anyone like this set up as a board? I think it would be easier to view and we could also chat a little bit.

I was looking around and found a site to host it on (although someone else might know a better one). I could try to set it up if anyone is interested.

khakismom
06-29-2005, 03:00 PM
Yes, please no Yahoo groups, but a real board. There are many to choose from, we just need to dig around and find one. I will volunteer my services too for help. I think this is a superb idea!

tigalig
06-29-2005, 03:04 PM
That sounds great and much easier, but I have no clue so I'll just offer to help. We would be required to "join," right? And there would be certain requirements to join?

momtoemma
06-29-2005, 03:05 PM
Count me in on the private board! Anything we can do to keep weirdos from exploiting pics of our kiddos and still feed my clothing obsession! If I can help, please let me know. I also prefer a private board to a yahoo group.

Thanks,

urbanmama
06-29-2005, 03:08 PM
And, if so, what should I name it? Yes, there should definitely be requirements to join! I don't think that anyone should be able to join who isn't *known* here.

karin4
06-29-2005, 03:19 PM
How about "Reality Refugees"? It's both a nod to Reality Layette, and a reference to the ugly reality we're having to flee!

zuzu
06-29-2005, 03:28 PM
Sounds great!

I like the idea of a non-Yahoo board, too. I know nothing about these things, but would be happy to help, if I can.

Now I feel kind of glad that I haven't been able to post pictures here for several months. I do have some older ones though, but many are no longer editable.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

stella
06-29-2005, 03:30 PM
well, and with that name, no lurker could ever even figure out what the h*** we would even be discussing. LOL.

But it's such a good idea. let's do it!

How can I help?

Claire

dowlinal
06-29-2005, 03:54 PM
I would also love to join a new private board. Please let me know if I can be of any help.

A

Mom2Miri
06-29-2005, 04:11 PM
It's for fear of this type of thing that I chose never to post DD's pics. I've REALLY wanted to share many times. Some days I felt that by not posting pics I wasn't a "full-fledged" member of RL but I just felt her privacy was too important.

I'm really sad that these things have happened. I'm usually such a private person but felt comfortable enough here in the BBB to post. I think Marie's idea of a private board is a wonderful idea. If I can help, please let me know.

Helen & Mirielle 2/25/03

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif[/img][/url] 28 months and counting

meshell
06-29-2005, 04:54 PM
This makes me so sad as well. DS is 12 weeks old right now, and during my pregnancy I would "lurk" the boards and post occasionally, but I was so excited for him to be born so I could dress him in all the brands of clothes that I found from these boards and share the pics with you all! I've posted a few pics of him since his birth (and you gals have all been so sweet with your compliments), but he's just starting to get to the age where his clothes are fitting well and looking so cute on him. But with everything going on, I too do not feel safe posting his pictures.

What makes me even sadder that you gals are the only ones who "get" RL business. My family and friends look at me funny when we're walking around places and I look at a little girl or boy and I say, "Oh, that Hanna outfit or that Naartije outfit looks so cute on that kid!" They don't understand how I can know the brand of clothing without looking at the tag inside.

I hope this forum doesn't turn into a ghost town. Please let us know if things are moved to a private board. I'd love to be a part of that community.

heidis2girls
06-29-2005, 05:09 PM
I, too, would love to join a private board. You ladies are all wonderful and I hate the thought of not being able to *chat* with you and see pics of your beautiful kids! I know nothing about setting up a board, but would be happy to help out however I can!

MeredithsMom
06-29-2005, 05:22 PM
I think a new board would be terrific. I will certainly help in any way I can, especially once I get my beloved iMac out of the shop next week. I am on dial-up (oh, the horror) now and having a hard time loading pages, etc.

Off to delete more photos.

jpang
06-29-2005, 05:25 PM
This is so disappointing. I haven't even been over to the aforementioned site, but I'm saddened to see our little community dispersing. It was nice that we were as open as we were for a while. One troll isn't going to make me stop posting, but I do think twice about photos (have for a while).

Too bad-- I always loved seeing everyone's babies dressed in new clothes. More than once, it made me run out to a store to buy something.

MelissaTC
06-29-2005, 05:51 PM
I would love to join! I enjoy all your pics! Makes me excited to be able to FINALLY shop for a girl! And I want to share pics of Maggie (when she arrives!)....

jubilee
06-29-2005, 05:59 PM
I'd love to be a part of any spin-off clothing board. Let me know how I can help. :)
And I love the name RealityRefugees... but it does sound like reality TV castaways! LOL :)

brubeck
06-29-2005, 06:25 PM
I just tried to use this name and password and it said that you were banned from the forum.

jk3
06-29-2005, 07:40 PM
Me too. I'd love to help out if I can. I'm only partially tech. savvy!

Jenn
DS 6/3/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png