PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone been to a babystyle store?

jess_g
07-01-2005, 06:44 AM
There is a new one near me and I am wondering if it would be worth the trip. Does anyone know if they sell all the stuff they have on their website in their store too? I love their selection of toys, baby gear, and clothes and would love to check out their softest pants and tops in real life.

Thanks,

Jessica.

Marisa6826
07-01-2005, 08:25 AM
I've been to the Westchester one a couple of times. It's about 50/50 maternity and kid stuff. They have some strollers, dipe bags, bedding and toys.

By and large, I was pretty disappointed in it. The stuff is sick expensive (except maybe their softest line) without warrant. Their softest line is nice, but I don't think worth a trip out of the way. I have several pieces, but got them when they were on sale through the catalogue.

It's also stupidly hard to navigate with a stroller. That has to be one of my biggest pet peeves. It's a kid store - it should be stroller accessible x(.

I'd say if you happen to be in the area or really have nothing else to do, go check it out. But don't make a special trip.

-m

brubeck
07-01-2005, 09:13 AM
I've been to the one at Valley Fair and there is no way it carries everything on their site: it's too small. I would call and ask them if they have what you want before you go over there. Then you can get a heads up for price too.

jk3
07-01-2005, 10:31 AM
There are lots of sale items at this location - especially if you are into Charlie Rocket or if you have a girl. The salespeople are beyond friendly - a bit too friendly! I've been in many times but I haven't bought anything. There are lots of other options.

Jenn
DS 6/3/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

MeredithsMom
07-01-2005, 11:52 AM
I'm not much help, but I just have to say you ladies are making me nostalgic for Westchester. We moved away from Bronxville right before Meredith came. :-)

Somewhat on topic, I don't have a "softest" item, but a two piece set ("Daddy's Girl") that seems to made from the same material. It is very nice.

meshell
07-01-2005, 12:02 PM
I love the babystyle stores near me, Mission Viejo and Newport Beach. While they definitely don't have all the toys, gear and nursery items listed on the website, they do have most of the maternity and children's clothes on the website in the stores. While there stuff is pricey, I only head for the sale racks, and they have sales quite often. I've never paid full price for an item that was part of the seasonal stuff and they've always had the size I'm looking for. Their softest line doesn't go on sale, though. I'm not sure if a new store would have the same sale items, but the ones around me have been open for a while, so they've always got some sale stuff. Plus, this weekend in stores and online, they're offering an additional 20% off sale items.

HTH!

samiam
07-01-2005, 01:42 PM
Ditto what Marisa said about the Westchester store. They do sell all the soft basics and have lots of clothing items on sale right now.

C99
07-01-2005, 04:54 PM
I've been to the one in Scottsdale. It was nice, but the prices are still outrageous in person. If you are pregnant, however, it's nice to try things on before buying. They had a small amount of gear and toys, but most of the selection in the Scottsdale store was baby and maternity clothing.

Dcclerk
07-02-2005, 03:57 PM
Well, I'll admit that I'm a regular, so obviously I think they are pretty good. :) I've gotten some great deals at the Babystyle by us (like $130 maternity pants for $10), but there is also a lot of expensive stuff. I think you just have to check back often. Honestly, it is one of my favorite stores because it carries my favorite brands like Charlie Rocket, Soup, Baby Nay, Icky Baby and things often go on sale.

TahliasMom
07-04-2005, 11:07 PM
I been to the store in Burlingame, CA about 3 times. It's mostly maternity and baby stuff, bedding and a handful of the gear items. It's pathetic. I mostly buy stuff online when it's on sale with discounts. Store is tiny, read TINY! I went there to buy DD the Lamb the lulu bedding and some soft layette stuff. I would call ahead and ask if you are looking for something specific.

soontobemommy
07-06-2005, 09:54 AM
I haven't been to a store but I did some of my registry there (mostly for the softest clothing line) as a friend of mine highly recommended those baby clothes. I guess I'll see when I get the stuff if I like it but I love the colors and the simple designs.