PDA

View Full Version : exchange for smocked clothing (like orient expressed)??

entttc
07-07-2005, 10:01 AM
Hi all-
I have heard that there are online exchanges for brands like gymboree. Is there one for things like Orient Expressed, Rosalina, House of Hatten, Plantation Shop, etc. .. ??

momceecers
07-07-2005, 11:22 AM
I don't know specifically, but I would go to yahoogroups and do a search for them and see what comes up. HTH

Cindy

VClute
07-08-2005, 08:02 AM
I've never heard of one, but I sure would love to participate! The only thing is, I've got friends with LOTS of smocked clothes who can't bear to part with them because they're so dear. They're timeless! So maybe that's why we've never heard of an exchange - everyone's hoarding what they've got! :)

Amy in NC
mom to Dixon, born 2/14/05

SAHMommie
07-08-2005, 09:37 AM
If u find one, let me know too.

SAHMommie

Mommy_Again
07-08-2005, 01:44 PM
You can also check eBay- they have many smocked items; I've purchased before and have had good experiences.

June Mommy
07-10-2005, 10:09 PM
I've often wondered and even asked this, but I don't know of any. IRL I like to go to the bi-annual consignment sales in my area. I got lots of DS's summer wardrobe this way. Also check ebay!

Little Ladybug
07-11-2005, 09:30 AM
I agree that ebay is a great place to find smocked items! I've gotten a few great NWT smocked items for DS off ebay. You can count me as one of the people hoarding their child's outgrown smocked clothes, though - I can't bear to part with them (plus, I'm saving them in case we have another boy someday). :)

entttc
07-12-2005, 09:36 AM
Thanks for all of your replies. I do check ebay and the local consignment sales - though my mom in New Orleans has better luck than I do locally. I would start a group but I'm a bit overextended right now with #2 on the way, and I don't know how these exchanges work.

luvtoshop
07-14-2005, 05:18 PM
oooh, I would love an exchange for smocked clothing. I agree with the other post that people hold on to their smocked clothing. : )
I buy a lot on ebay and at the Kelly's Kids warehouse sales.

June Mommy
07-14-2005, 09:11 PM
I've been to the KK outlet in Dallas while visiting relatives. I just saw on the KK website that there is a warehouse sale this Saturday at the Natchez location. Are you near there? Lucky for you if you are!

ETA: Everything is $7.99!

luvtoshop
07-15-2005, 11:46 AM
HI. Haven't personally been to the sales...I'm a rep for KK and my rep friends in the South shop for me at the "Rep Rally's". They bought the cutest things for my dd's for $9.99!

Sandra
Mommy to 2 sweet girls!