PDA

View Full Version : accessorizing HA pd/dd

ehmom
07-07-2005, 04:13 PM
can you put white tights with the pd/dd? i'm looking for a way to take some of the sting out of buying some of these. i was thinking of skipping the $20 leggings that would only go with one dress. is there some way to buy 2 dresses and only one pair of leggings/tights/bottoms? i'm a newbie with the girls clothes!
thanks, em

2zeke
07-08-2005, 12:41 AM
I don't think white tights would be your only other option. I've had good luck with tights from Target and Old Navy. They have lots of cute colors and are a fraction of the cost of the HA ones. If you are planning to Ebay or swap the PD/DD outfits, though, you probably want to get the matching sets since they will have more value that way.

I was fortunate to get two years out of one pair of leggings for my dd. The first year she had the pink/red striped PD/DD with the opposite striped leggings. The next year she had the polka dot dress with the same colors. I was able to use the same leggings again.

You could try that by getting the ribbon pink striped PD/DD, the green bean/ribbon pink dotted one, and the green bean/ribbon pink leggings (or the same thing with the blue or violet combo).

Boy, do we need one of those 20% off codes, huh?

Janice
dd 10-99
ds 4-02

emmiem
07-08-2005, 08:07 AM
I actually think the leggings will last way longer than any brand of tights. Depending on what size your dd is, the playdress can last more than one season or year. My 4 1/2 yo has been wearing her size 90 sets for 2 years. We might be ready to go to an 100 if the waist is not too big. I also think you would wear the dresses more with the leggings rather than tights. I know we do. It becomes less dressy and more play oriented.
Michele

heidis2girls
07-08-2005, 08:45 AM
I was going to suggest the same as the pp. If you buy the two pink and green playdresses, the stripes and dots for example, you can buy one pair of leggings to match both. Hanna also has solid leggings and I'm sure they'll come out with a pair that will match the playdresses at some point. I'm not sure if they are any cheaper, though.

FWIW, my girls love their playdresses and wore them many, many times last year. (They even wore them for Father's Day as it was very cold here in MA!) They love them because they are so comfortable and easy to play in. I'm sure they wouldn't feel the same if they were wearing tights with them and I'm sure they tights wouldn't hold up as well while they were playing, especially outside.

Also, as the PP mentioned, if you are going to resell them they do much better as sets. I understand that the initial cost is frightening, but for me it's worth it since my girls get so much wear out of them.

HTH!

ehmom
07-08-2005, 08:51 AM
thanks all for the imput! i guess i will just shrink my cart down a little so i can get the leggings i want. i agree that is probably the best thing to do. thanks! em