PDA

View Full Version : Laundry help: dye from one of my shirts ran all over one of DD's

JMS
07-07-2005, 07:53 PM
After a particularly messy dinner I threw a couple items into a bucket of hot water and oxyclean (I do this very often since DD is not longer a fan of bibs). A green maternity t-shirt of mine apparently couldn't withstand the hot water and bled/ran on the other items. The only one I really care about is a shirt of DD's that I love. I tried soaking it again in oxyclean but that didn't help. Is there any hope?? TIA!

dules
07-07-2005, 08:23 PM
What color is the shirt that got stained?

I once had luck getting blue dye out of a white blanket (DH washed a navy blue polarfleece BundleMe on hot with the white blanket!) by re-washing just the blanket alone. It seemed just the water took out the dye.

Might be worth a shot?

At any rate, try not to dry it in the dryer until you're done with all possible fixes.

Good luck!

Best,
Mary

parkersmama
07-07-2005, 09:55 PM
One thing that has worked for me before is running it back through the wash with one of those Shout Color Catcher sheets. You can find them in the laundry section with the stain removers. They are fabulous! I use them in any load that has a new item or anything I think *might* run. You'd be surprised how often they seem to come out red or blue. Good luck!