PDA

View Full Version : New L.L. Bean Kid's Catalog and Sizing ??

wagner36
07-08-2005, 10:47 AM
Well, I used to buy L.L. Bean and Land's End only for coats, etc., because it wasn't that cute. But, it looks like L.L. Bean is following in Land's End's footsteps and doing some really cute things! There's a TDF little fleece coat for girls with a flower on the pocket and matching cap - argh, I wish I had a girl (in addition to C, not instead of - to clarify!).

But, according to the sizing chart, Charlie will wear a size 4 - yikes! He's somewhere between 37-38 inches tall, and 32 pounds. I'm freaked out by that - he's comfortable in a 3T everywhere else, with mainly 90's and 100's in Hanna right now. That being said, it's summer, and shorts and t-shirts are easier wear a bit smaller.

Has anyone ordered their big kid's clothes? Do they really run that small??

nitaghei
07-08-2005, 11:00 AM
Yes, they run that small. Neel is about the same size as Charlie - about 38" and 29 lbs, and he definitely needs a 4 or 4T. He outgrew his 3Ts several months ago. He does fit in the 3T shorts, though a 4 would probably be better. I'm planning on ordering 4 or even 5 for the winter. I think the shirts run quite a bit smaller than the shorts, FWIW. The quality is incredible, though. The shirts are so soft and thick, and wash beautifully. I haven't been tempted by Hanna since I saw the Bean toddler clothes. Or even LE, because I get free shipping with Bean, and have tons of $10 vouchers for them.

HTH

Nita (fleece is my friend)
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker (at the Rainbow Bridge)

wagner36
07-08-2005, 11:26 AM
Thanks!

I'm kind of sad, because I loved the little blue striped pants, and I think those only went to a 3, but maybe they went to a 4T, I'll have to look again. Since he's out of the Hanna 90's, I haven't been buying quite as much Hanna, so I need to fill in the gaps.

When you're here this year, we'll have to get them together!

nitaghei
07-08-2005, 11:37 AM
Do you mean the fleece striped pants?

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?categoryId=40503&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&parentCategory=6146&cat4=6142&shop_method=pp&feat=ssdpb6142

They go to 4T, and are still available. I'd grab them as soon as possible - because they sold out of the cute toddler boy stuff really fast last year. There was a sweater I wanted for Neel, and it was gone within a couple of weeks. grrrr.

I just did my inventory, and Neel definitely does not need any more clothes for the fall - or even winter, other than outerwear and long underwear. Okay, and possibly a pair of jeans. I was seriously eyeing those pants, though, because they can double as a diaper cover, but can't justify the purchase after all the cute wool and fleece I already splurged on. So buy them for Charlie, and I can at least enjoy them vicariously! :)

Nita (fleece is my friend)
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker (at the Rainbow Bridge)

marinkitty
07-08-2005, 12:25 PM
Tara - yes, it runs small but I also found it to be inconsistent, so it is hard to know what size to buy. In Lands End, all the tanks and pants Mia is wearing this summer are a 3T and she is comfortably 2T elsewhere (and Gymbo 2T falls off her in pants) and in Hanna 90's. But the dresses and cardigan are all a 2T and are roomy. Also, all her outerwear for last year was 18-24 months or 2T and was very roomy.

I only have one pair of LL Bean pants for her I picked up at the retreat, and they are 2T and fit well, so maybe the LL Bean doesn't run as small as the Lands End?

I haven't even peeked at Lands End or LL Bean for fall yet - off to do that now!

Holly
Mom to Mia (3.17.03) and baby brother Jack (3.23.05)

wagner36
07-08-2005, 12:34 PM
Twist my arm! Off to buy them now. I think they are so cute, and Charlie LOVES fleece pants. I'm a sucker for lime green and blue. I'm going to get blue hoodie to go with them.

wagner36
07-08-2005, 12:35 PM
Please get Mia the cute little fleece coat with the flower! Then if I ever have a little girl, I will buy it from you!

shishamo
07-08-2005, 04:00 PM
OH, I love that flower fleece coat! Reminds me of Hanna :-)
Thank you for posting about it.

shishamo
07-08-2005, 04:00 PM
OH, I love that flower fleece coat! Reminds me of Hanna :-)
Thank you for posting about it.

2zeke
07-08-2005, 04:14 PM
I bought some size 4 LLB pants for my ds during their sale this spring. They are the canvas ones with the zip off legs. The things are huge. My ds is 39-40" tall and about 35 lbs. These pants/shorts won't fit him for another year. The T's were just as big. These were 4's, though, not 4T. Maybe the toddler sizes are smaller. They have good CS, so you could always call and ask about the particular items you want.

Janice
dd 10-99
ds 4-02