PDA

View Full Version : Boy mamas, whatcha think of the new Gymbo lines?

June Mommy
07-08-2005, 10:44 PM
Hasn't been much talk about boy Gymboree lines lately (IMO, b/c they haven't been that great in a while.) But, I am in LOVE with the new Wild West line. I saw it in store tonight and I honesly could buy the whole line and the pj's to go with it. I like a lot of Little Man and Petting Zoo too, and the layette Best in Show redemption line looks adorable, reminds me a little of Hanna with the stripes and bright colors. I am in BIG trouble!

Phoebe
07-08-2005, 11:44 PM
I like it a lot. Reminds me of a line I bought some of last year.. Jr. Cowboy maybe? Loved that one. And then when my boy was just 3-6 months old, I think there was the Home on the Range line. They do a good job with the cowboy look.

I didn't really care for the Big Bully shirt. I mean the applique was cute, but if my son wore that shirt, that would be the day he decides to push another child. ;)

Mary
DD 4/01
DS 6/03

JElaineB
07-09-2005, 10:06 AM
I think Wild West is cute but I was hoping for more long sleeved shirts by now. DS has plenty of summer/short-sleeved clothes and I am ready to buy for fall. I'm also not so sure about the Big Bully shirt..not that DS is a bully but for his age I'm not sure it is appropriate. I think it would be cute on a younger child though.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

ast96
07-09-2005, 11:19 AM
I really like this line too, and I am excited about it! I have four Gymbucks that I earned buying the pieces of Dinosaur Excavation my preschooler demanded and almost all of the Little Man line (we are Gator fans), so I am waiting for GB redemption to buy anything. I LOVE that the sleeves aren't long, because we live in hot weather and I hate that all the fall lines are coming out and we can only use clothes like that for five minutes! I'll be buying a lot of Wild West for both boys, including PJs. ;)

tribecamom
07-09-2005, 11:45 AM
throat with embarrasment) we are still pulling of tags of his summer clothes

I wonder if the next lines for redemption will have longer sleeves?

or maybe I can buy for the summer of 2008? (LOL)

June Mommy
07-09-2005, 12:00 PM
Don't quote me on this, but I got a peek at the lookbook for the redemption lines, Construction Zone and layette Best in Show, and I think it was mostly long-sleeved things. I think there was a fleece zip up vest to wear over LS shirts with CZ, and Best in Show had an adorable striped sweater.

June Mommy
07-09-2005, 12:03 PM
I was vehemently opposed to the Big Bully tops, too, until I saw them. I'm still not crazy about the saying, but I'm sure I'll still end up with them!

HHCs Mom
07-09-2005, 12:27 PM
I also saw the sneak peek yesterday and I thought it was long sleeves for the next two lines also. I loved the BIS striped sweater! I was hoping that WW would have more longsleeves also. I don't think we'll get any of it because of that. :(

Kim
~ mama to a sweet boy named Harrison ~ 4.6.04

ett
07-09-2005, 01:03 PM
I saw the line in the stores yesterday and thought it was cute. But like PPs, I wished it had more long sleeved shirts. DS has enough for this summer already and quite a bit for next summer, so I really don't want to pick up many more short sleeve shirts. We get way more use out of long sleeve shirts here anyway.

kaitlinsmommy
07-09-2005, 04:17 PM
I LOVE Wild West! I was drooling over it today but am waiting for a sale. My son is only 7 weeks old & will definitely be getting the Big Bully yellow t-shirt w/ matching dark brown pants.

Does anyone know when the next sale is?

smilequeen
07-09-2005, 05:13 PM
I'll go against the grain...cowboy stuff and tractors just aren't my style :( So these lines are not doing much. There will be new lines before I can use my gymbucks right? I have a lot of them, some from signing up for the classes...

Oh, I did buy him the little man overalls and shirt for the fall :) and the short overalls for now and they are cute...baby enough for me and boyish enough for DH :)

2zeke
07-09-2005, 11:12 PM
I didn't care for the "Big Bully" logo, either. I thought it would have been much more adorable (and socially acceptable in this day and age) if it had said, "Cute Lil' Bully" or "Cute Little Bully."

Janice
dd 10-99
ds 4-02

2zeke
07-09-2005, 11:16 PM
I'm with you on the cowboy stuff -- cute but NMS. I like the tractors, but they are not available in my DS' size. Good thing, though. I think we have enough for now.

Janice
dd 10-99
ds 4-02

mharling
07-09-2005, 11:49 PM
My family farms, so the tractor stuff is right up our alley. I really like the green sweater. If it runs big, I'll probably get it. The t-shirt is cute too, but probably wouldn't be big enough for next summer.

As far as WW, I like the Double Sleeve Cowboy Tee. Guess I better start my fall clothing roster.

Mary - Some days work. Some days don't.
Lane - April 2003
Faye - March 2005

jubilee
07-10-2005, 02:39 AM
Mary, I can't remember what size Lane is, but I know for sure that Logan wouldn't fit in the Tractor line :( I was bummed.

nathansmom
07-10-2005, 09:54 AM
I like that same tee. I'm thinking of buying it for all 3 boys. Yes I'm one of those nerds who is dressing her kids all the same. Wait till you see the pictures we have done today.

amp
07-10-2005, 10:01 AM
There are a couple cute things, but it's not rockin' my world and I'm not racing to the store. With the right discount and a well timed visit, I might be persuaded to buy something, but if not, I don't think I'll miss any of it.

mharling
07-10-2005, 10:06 AM
The Traffic Jam sweater from spring will fit this fall. If the tractor sweater fits the same, I won't buy it (not enough grow room).

Lane is about 26 lbs and 34-35 inches.

Lane - April 2003
Faye - March 2005

lisa56308
07-10-2005, 10:42 AM
I got to see it IRL yesterday and it's cute and I love the blue, but I'm looking for fall/winter now and short sleeves won't cut it in MN. I love the big bully sweater but hate the "big bully" part. I'm also disappointed in the screen printing on the tshirts with the embroidery around it. IMO it looks cheap. I'm glad I've controlled myself the last few sales and only have my 2 gymbucks because I have no idea what I'm going to use them on. I hope the next lines have more l/s and I like it better.
Lisa
Jacob 6/95
Tyler 10/03

nathansmom
07-10-2005, 05:04 PM
Okay after seeing the lines irl I've decided the only pieces I might have to have are the tee Mary mentioned and the WW pj's.

mharling
07-10-2005, 10:44 PM
Glad to hear the tee is cute IRL. I think we'll definitely get that.

Lane - April 2003
Faye - March 2005

iluvmy2boys
07-10-2005, 11:03 PM
>Okay after seeing the lines irl I've decided the only pieces
>I might have to have are the tee Mary mentioned and the WW
>pj's.

I just wanted to let you know that I've heard the WW PJs have extremely WONKY sizing! Pants are running long/big while the tops for the same size are short/small. just a friendly FYI! ;)

iluvmy2boys
07-10-2005, 11:05 PM
it's cute....

but - if I buy anything, it will likely be some of the KB tees and BB tees to pair with shorts that we currently have. The bottoms are too basic for the price and at that price, I'd rather buy Gap jeans for my boys (or J&J in Holden's case).

It's a cute line but with it not having many L/S stuff, we won't be buying much for the cooler weather.

I do however want that denim jacket in KB for both boys! (it's there, but showing not in stock online and no IRL store has it yet from what I can tell, I hope it's there for GBR!)

C99
07-11-2005, 12:01 AM
Where is the tractor stuff?

jubilee
07-11-2005, 02:15 AM
Logan is 28 lbs and 36-36.5 inches. And i just sold his Traffic Jam stuff because there is no way he'll fit it in the fall. IN fact I'm buying 3T shirts and 2T pants for the fall. Where did my little boy go?

jubilee
07-11-2005, 02:18 AM
It's under Newborn- in the boys section. The line is called Petting Zoo.

reyn74
07-11-2005, 06:28 AM
I love lots of things for my boys, but I agree they need more long sleeved shirts. I like the corduroy button down for both my boys, and the double sleeve shirt in BB for my almost 4 year old (if it fits him, he was in a 2T last winter). There are bunches of things I like for my baby from WW and especially PZ, but I also want Hanna stuff for him, and some Land's End too, and he only 'needs' 2-3 more outfits for winter (minus dressy stuff).

This year I'll do Gymbo for tops only for my older boys, because last year I had 2 different pants for my oldest that got holes in the knees really quickly. Plus they prefer elastic waist mostly. So I'll get basic pants from LE and LLBean, then cute tops from all over.

-Sarah and boys

reyn74
07-11-2005, 06:33 AM
Have you seen these jeans from Land's End? I want a pair for all three of my boys!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/28170.jpg

-Sarah and boys

mlewis
07-11-2005, 09:03 AM
I actually love the WW, but will probably buy it on sale for next year because we are still taking off tags from summer stuff. DS has waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy too much stuff! The tractor clothes I don't love, but since DS is on a big tractor kick (and his birthday is Friday, and we're doing tractors) I'm going to stop buy and pick up the t-shirt and hat.

nathansmom
07-11-2005, 09:06 AM
Thanks for the heads up.