PDA

View Full Version : Zutano vs. HA long sleeve dresses and leggings?

ehmom
07-11-2005, 09:40 AM
anyone know how these compare in terms of washing/wearing/feeling? the zutano sets would be about $20 cheaper per set than the HA pd/dd combo. are they anywhere near as nice? they look prety cute online, but it is hard to tell details froma pic. also, how do the sizes run?
thanks, em

californiagirl
07-11-2005, 11:43 AM
I like our Zutanos, but they definitely aren't as thick and cushy as the Hannas. They also run small and don't have the life-extending features of Hannas (no sleeves designed to be cuffed). My 16-month old has outgrown her size 18 month Zutano overalls (even though she's still wearing most of her 6-12 month clothes) but her size 70 Hannas are mostly still wearable (even though she's over 84 cm.)

emmiem
07-11-2005, 12:15 PM
I agree with the previous poster. Also, in addition, the Zutano leggings are very loose fitting especially in the rise so the look is a little different. I also think that the dresses are slightly shorter. They are a little thinner but still wash and dry well. However, if you want a more unique print or a more of a mixed print from top to bottom, get the Zutano. We had the Zutano Panda print dress with the black candy stripe leggings and a fuchsia jacket. Very cute! I love them both.
Michele

August Mom
07-11-2005, 01:13 PM
I don't have any dresses for DS LOL, but I just wanted to mention that we experienced a lot of shrinkage (about 1 size, I would say) in the Zutano rompers. And, FWIW, the cotton is much thinner than Hannas, but still soft.

mattiew
07-11-2005, 01:45 PM
I prefer the Zutano prints and think they wash better than Hanna. As previous posters have said, the cotton is thinner but it is a nice quality. To be honest I just haven't been too thrilled with the Hanna pd/dd we had (but I am in the minority). If you are looking at a particular Zutano dress size I can measure the ones we have; if I remember correctly the 24m was large and the smaller sizes fairly true to size (they would get short before she outgrew them elsewhere but with the leggings she could still wear them).

HTH!
Carrie