PDA

View Full Version : Might get in trouble but . . . (re: new board)

jennifer_r
07-13-2005, 03:34 PM
This might seem a little late but we just moved last week so I have been out of it lately . . .

I understand the need for a new board but I have to say that I am a little hurt that I wasn't invited. While it is true I am not the most active poster, I contribute whenever I feel I can help someone out or sometimes commenting on how cute everyone's children/babies look. I've also started a number of threads, sometimes just inquiries (help on sizing for different brands, sales, etc.) and occasionally more popular threads (for example, I started the discussion about pics of your children in smocking and resources for smocking).

Lately, I have not been posting much because my "life" has been hectic. I sent out an email about this a couple of weeks ago regarding my exciting news - expecting another DD (whom I conceived naturally!) shortly after having years of infertility issues conceiving my other daughter; also in the process of moving, another big time consumer - if it wasn't for that, I would have posted much more lately the past couple of months but rarely got the time.

I understand people need a place to feel safe to display pics of their children but, at the same time, I think alot of people's feeling are going to be hurt. Someone who only has fewer posts, (let's say 200 posts) is not the same thing as a lurker who is trying to get pictures off the website. I just wish there was a better way to set up a board then to exclude people who do contribute but maybe not everyday.

I will continue to read and post at RL; it is thanks to this board that I have discovered Naartjie and HA and have become a bit of a "clothes snob" for DD :) .

I hope noone is offended by this message. I have always posted very positively before but I feel I have to get this off my chest!

Thanks for listening.

Jennifer

Mom to:
Christopher 12/29/89
Adelaide 8/23/04
And another DD arriving end of October!

stella
07-13-2005, 04:27 PM
How wonderful about your new pregnancy!

Claire

jec2
07-13-2005, 05:41 PM
Jennifer, please don't get your feelings hurt. You might have just missed the thread where people were posting as being interested in the new board (look back a few pages to find that thread). It definately wasn't like the mods were creating a list of names to let in and said, "we absolutely HAVE to HAVE jec2!" :P I had to request an invite.

congrats on your pregnancy too. october babies are cool :)

Phoebe
07-13-2005, 06:12 PM
I wanted to respond to your announcement post, but I missed it. Congratulations! I also got pregnant easily (unexpected welcome surprise, actually) with my second, after infertility issues the first time around. I know how exciting that is :)

Please don't feel bad about the new board, I'm sure no one considered you a lurker.

Mary
DD 4/01
DS 6/03

Tracey
07-13-2005, 07:37 PM
Congratulations Jennifer! I know how thrilled you must be to have another little one on her way. I just wanted to say, don't feel badly. I wasn't invited either despite having 400 posts, primarily in RL, over two years and having previously posted pics of my daughter. You're right, it doesn't feel good. Hey, if it were my group, you'd be in ;). There are still plenty of great women here and you can count on plenty of old and new people stepping up to the plate to keep RL a fun place to be.

ILoveLT
07-13-2005, 11:09 PM
Hi, Tracey. I remember your posting lots of photos of your beautiful daughter, especially in the monkey dress. I just had to have that monkey dress after seeing your daughter in it. And you were so kind to post the stores where everone can get it. That was very kind of you! Thanks! I tried to post some photos of DD in the monkey dress but am getting the server error message.

Edited to add:

Congratulations, Jennifer! That's great news!

Rita

jennifer_r
07-14-2005, 07:06 AM
Actually, I did request an invite (maybe about 2 weeks ago?). I guess I didn't make the cut. Oh, well. I'll continue to post and "lurk" here and hopefully other people will do the same.

The whole thing just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Jennifer

Mom to:
Christopher 12/29/89
Adelaide 8/23/04

jennifer_r
07-14-2005, 07:12 AM
Oh, yea, the monkey dress! I remember that one! It was adorable!

So great to find/see clothes other than the usual big brands - I think the more boutique stuff is actually more unique but unfortunately, you pay for it.

Jennifer

Mom to:
Christopher 12/29/89
Adelaide 8/23/04

jennifer_r
07-14-2005, 07:14 AM
Thanks everyone for your comments and all the congrats on the new pregnancy. To tell you the truth, we've been so busy with the move, I've been behind on getting ready for the new baby! I'm sure that will change shortly!

Jennifer

Mom to:
Christopher 12/29/89
Adelaide 8/23/04

Tracey
07-14-2005, 07:47 AM
Awwww...thanks for making my day Rita! I hope you have enjoyed your monkey dress as much as we have ours!