PDA

View Full Version : Fall Clothes- whenn do you begin?

writeleigh
07-14-2005, 12:22 PM
When do you begin to plan DC fall wardrobe/clothing needs? I'm thinking of going through all Liam's older stuff to store or give away, and then I was going to do a fall roster. But I feel kind of silly since it's still July LOL!

jfmiller
07-14-2005, 01:41 PM
Don't feel silly - many RL moms have already started! Look at all the discussion about the fall Hannas. I think it's always better to be prepared, esp. if you are looking for specific items to complete their wardrobe. With that in mind, I have already started...and of course, I am enjoying it!!!

Jennifer
Proud SAHM to Graham (1/02) and Genevieve (4/04)

AngelaS
07-14-2005, 01:55 PM
I started last summer. :D I love to garage sale so I will buy up to one year ahead for my girls. I've found them more stuff this summer and sometime around August 1 I'll pull out everyone's bin for fall and decide if we still need anything. :D

valeriec
07-14-2005, 01:56 PM
I have just started going through DD's closet to see what still fits from last winter/spring and what I need to get rid of or store.

I am enjoying for now just seeing what all the stores have to offer for fall and am waiting for sales to start buying much.

highland
07-14-2005, 02:04 PM
I'm starting now. Last year I did no planning at all and I found myself running out of clothes during the week. I ended up buying here and there with no real focus. I definitely need a roster for the fall.

writeleigh
07-14-2005, 04:45 PM
Ah-ha! I knew y'all would be good enablers LOL.

Little Ladybug
07-14-2005, 04:50 PM
I am ashamed to say that my roster is almost full. :) Since I buy lots of boutique/trunk show type things for DS, I'm actually buying those right now because the fall home shows occur in July and August. I also bought a few outfits ahead last season at J&J when they went on sale. I like to be finished buying the majority of his fall wardrobe by late August/early September. It's a sickness, I know! :)

luvtoshop
07-14-2005, 05:20 PM
Tomorrow at the Nordstrom sale! : ) I just went through my older dd's clothing to see what we'll need for my baby. It's tough b/c I want to buy now, but would rather wait until the sales. I'm already looking around for Thanksgiving outfits b/c last year I desperately wanted HA dresses that couldn't be found anywhere! : )

writeleigh
07-14-2005, 05:58 PM
May I ask some of your favorite brands? Just curious- I'm a little obsessed with boys boutiue clothing. I figure maybe there are some brands/lines I should check out :)

Tracey
07-14-2005, 09:41 PM
Elizabeth,
Have you seen the Beaux et Belles trunk yet? I don't think it comes out until August, but I'm not sure. I always try to catch that one!
Thanks,
Tracey

Little Ladybug
07-14-2005, 09:56 PM
Tracey -

I just got the email from my B&B rep today with pictures of the trunk offerings. Let me know if you want me to send it to you!

:)