PDA

View Full Version : Off topic but question for those who had tractor themed parties

samiam
07-15-2005, 08:11 AM
I swear I already posted this, but can't find it. Forgive me if duplicate post - I am having some problems accessing this site. I can only see new messages by going to read new. If I actually open the various pages I see only old messages. Very strange.

Anyway, I noticed that a few people here did the John Deere theme b-day parties. My ds will be two in Aug. and I was going to use this theme from Birthday Express. Anyone have any suggestions on how to carry this theme? The only thing I'd come up with was to put green tinted coconut on top of the cake (grass) and then put small toy tractors on top. But I'm at a loss as to decorations, etc.

Thanks!

samiam
07-15-2005, 08:15 AM
Oh, as a side note, I should mention it isn't that my ds is into farming. It's that he's into tractors and lawnmowers. I just don't know what to do with these theme - maybe I should do Bob the Builder or construction vehicles instead.

brigmaman
07-15-2005, 02:42 PM
We're doing this for my ds in 2 weeks. I did a search a few days ago because I could swear that I've seen this topic posted in the Lounge, but I can't find any posts at all! So wierd...
Anyhow we are leaning toward farms rather than lawnmowers/construction, etc. Though I did take a picture of my ds on a JD mower and made it into his invite using a downloaded border. We are also having a petting zoo come. We're actually working around the petting zoo. Ds had it last year for his 2nd birthday and has talked about it ever since. When he asked for it again, I didn't want to do the same farm theme as last year, so I thought I'd change it up a bit and use the JD stuff. I did a search for John Deere party supplies and there were a few other websites that came up other than Birthday Express. I'm not at home, so I don't have my favorites to check out though.
I'm interested in what others have done as well.