PDA

View Full Version : suede bottom shoes for early walkers?

emschwar
07-19-2005, 09:03 PM
Noah's just about to walk. He's cruising now, and walking with help. He's got a pair of suede bottomed preschoolians, and he has a lot of trouble with them because the bottoms are slick. He feet scoot from under him when he tries to stand, or walk on hard floor. Does this get better as they get more experienced?

(I ask because I've got a pair of preschoolians in the next size up - they really screwed up my order and gave us a pair for free. They're suede bottomed and I'm wondering if we'll use them at all because he has so much trouble moving around in the ones he has now. I could try to swap for the rubber bottomed, though I don't know if I really want to deal with the hassle of working with them again - they were that bad before. There's always ebay, I guess.)

dules
07-19-2005, 09:11 PM
I had this problem with my Robeez and hardwood floors. DD's feet would just go out from under her. She didn't really start walking confidently until we got her a pair of ECCO first walkers, which were great. Other brands that people have liked here are See Kai Run and Pedoodles, both of which I'm considering for Fall.

Stride Rite also has some very nice flexible shoes for cruisers and first walkers.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Mary