PDA

View Full Version : Miracle Blanket users

MeghanP
07-26-2005, 02:02 PM
I was wondering if anyone has any tips on using the Miracle Blanket with an 8 wk. old who is about 11 lbs. and 21 1/2 in. I put DS in it for the first time last time and he thrashed his legs until he got them out, then continued to thrash them once they were out and would not sleep. The blanket also got all bunched up on top after 2 diaper changes. Finally, are the little nubs at the end of the blanket supposed to make it stick to itself? I have only washed it once and they weren't making it stick at all.

TIA,
Meghan

COElizabeth
07-26-2005, 02:42 PM
Hmm, maybe try wrapping him tighter and having more of the fabric wrap around the lower part of his body? If it's tight enough, 8 weeks is pretty young to be able to get out of it, I think. And no, those things at the end don't make it stick, but they do help it stay in place a little bit.

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02
and Charlotte, 11-04-04

COElizabeth
07-26-2005, 02:43 PM
NT
Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02
and Charlotte, 11-04-04

lotsofjoy
07-26-2005, 03:39 PM
I had to experiment with it a LOT because I had TWO colicy babies and was desperate to get it to stay on all night. So here is what I ended up doing.

when I wrapped their arms, I put that little piece of fabric over their arm and under their back. I lifted up their tush and slid it underneath them. So BOTH of the pieces of arm fabric encased their arms and was held in place by their own weight.

Then I wrapped them and tucked the end of the main fabric inside of itself (like you do when you're wrapping a bath towel around yourself).

It made it MUCH more difficult for them to wiggle out and most of the time they were still wrapped pretty well in the morning, although one of them often got an arm out. It didn't seem to affect their ability to sleep though.

I hope that makes sense. If not, let me know and I'll try to explain it better, or even wrap one of my older DD's dolls and take pictures for you!