PDA

View Full Version : First Gymboree real shopping done

KBecks
07-26-2005, 06:38 PM
I am excited that Alek and I have fought temptation for most of his 9 months (well, there wasn't much temptation because I wasn't in love with any of the boy clothing), but we have now bought a few things at Gymbo - and it was so fun.

I think I finally caved and stopped browsing in part because of a friendly sales associate who was nice, but gave us lots of quiet time to browse and make selections.

I was going to purchase only sale, but caved. I'm still wary of big pruchases, so here's what we got:

one cream t-shirt with dinasaurs on the front - $11-ish
the cowboy light blue t-shirt with boots on the front - $14?
the little felt cowboy hat -- I couldn't resist - $14

So I blew $40ish at Gymbo, and now I am probably more likely to return for more -- but not until Alek gets into a bigger size. I'm trying to resist.

Also, we got some great sale prices at Talbots kids on polo shirts - for the future (2T and 4T) - $7 each, and a few pairs of shorts for right now.\ $4 to $6 each.

I even browsed BabyGap and loved some of their fall stuff - but couldn't bear to spend full price.

If I keep shopping at these stores, I will need to learn your sale strategies.

It was fun, I'm having major computer difficulties, but will post pictures of Alek in his shirt and cowboy hat as soon as possible.

bcafe
07-27-2005, 03:59 PM
Did you shop at Mayfair? Does Talbots still have a lot on sale? I "need" to get back there. LOL

KBecks
07-27-2005, 08:45 PM
Yes, I was at Mayfair. Talbots has some boys, like 2 racks and what looked like a lot of girls, but maybe some of it is current. J&J had a bit and Gymbo had a good selection of sale stuff.

I want another dinosaur outfit if it goes on further clearance. Love the T shirt.

scout123
07-27-2005, 10:20 PM
You are doing great! I've already discovered Gymboree and haven't even had my baby yet! We are set for next summer!
Angie