PDA

View Full Version : Anyone (or their babies) not like the Miracle Blanket?

melbb
07-28-2005, 11:36 AM
I was planning to buy a Miracle Blanket through the Coop to try out, but now I am wondering if I should get two instead. But I don't want to spend the money if it might not work out. Just curious what everyone's experiences have been. Thanks!

bricorssk
07-28-2005, 11:39 AM
You HAVE to buy 2! We loved ours DD used hers until she was 6 months old. We had only bought 1 but the day I came home from the hospital I was on the computer ordering another! All the nurses at the hospital thought it was the coolest!

Oregonmother
07-28-2005, 12:09 PM
You could get two and if you don't end up loving it, give the second one as a gift.

Moneypenny
07-28-2005, 04:36 PM
Well, my baby hated being swaddled. We didn't try the Miracle Blanket, but since she was sleeping 8 hours a night at 8 weeks, we didn't bother with it. I think most babies like it though.
Susan
mama to my cutie pie, Avery
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amber_9m.gif[/img][/url]

Moneypenny
07-28-2005, 04:36 PM
Well, my baby hated being swaddled. We didn't try the Miracle Blanket, but since she was sleeping 8 hours a night at 8 weeks, we didn't bother with it. I think most babies like it though.
Susan
mama to my cutie pie, Avery
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amber_9m.gif[/img][/url]

snowangel
07-28-2005, 08:20 PM
We bought one and my DD grew out of it in a week! My kids are really long for their age, so it didn't work out at all for us. I am still using the size large Swaddle Me with her. Plus, I have to admit I wasn't that comfortable restraining her so tightly like the MB does. Just me though!

cmorgen
07-29-2005, 09:50 PM
My daughter is 6 months old and still in the MB at night, we thank the maker every single night! We don't put her feet in anymore, just her arms. The only down side is that we are starting to wean her from it now since she is starting to brerak out of it, and that is hard, she just has a horrible time of it staying asleep without it. But, I will gladly take it now since we got to actually sleep when she was tiny, without it we would have never slept!

kaitlinsmommy
07-29-2005, 10:50 PM
I loved the MB! I quit using it around 4 weeks bc ds slept just as well in his sleeper one night when it was dirty but I just loaned it to a friend and think it was still a great investment.

gour0
07-29-2005, 11:46 PM
I always tell people to watch the Happiest Baby on the Block video. It is amazing. Once you watch that, you'll love your miracle blankets. I swear.

luvtoshop
07-30-2005, 12:24 AM
I still swear by the MB. I had 3. One flannel and two soft cotton. For the price with the co-op, I would definitely buy 2. I was even thinking of joining the co-op to buy them as baby gifts. : )

Sandra
Mommy to 2 sweet girls!

vikivoly
07-30-2005, 09:38 PM
I bought 2 for DD#2 and it was a true miracle. I never left home without it. ;)

I passed mine along to a friend who adopted a baby and she said her baby didn't like being restrained and never used it. I'm not sure she was ever convinced that swaddling in general was a good thing.

COElizabeth
07-31-2005, 02:26 PM
I like the suggestion to buy two and then wait to wash and use the second one until you know if you and your baby like it. I had two for DD and at times wished I had three! I agree that weaning her off it was hard, but the several months of great sleep were worth it! I dearly miss those blankets and how DD would just drift off to sleep while swaddled in them, no matter where we laid her down!

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02
and Charlotte, 11-04-04

NEVE and TRISTAN
07-31-2005, 07:43 PM
She did not like having her arms tied down in anything...so different then Tristan who would have probably loved it. We would roll him up and he was all comfie and compact...Brownyn's arms still flap like she is getting ready to fly off!!!!!

It was an arm issue for us though and nothing else...

Neve
Reichen (6), Karsh (3), Tristan (2) and baby girl Bronwyn born March 10th!!!!