PDA

View Full Version : HA Code Update (Maybe)

remcd88
07-30-2005, 07:41 AM
I was just at the HA outlet in Kittery. The sales person tried to get me to order something from the catalog (for the free shipping ) and I told her I was waiting for the 20% off code because for what I wanted to order the 20% was more than the cost of shipping. She said that HA is trying to get away from that because of it being listed on bargain boards. I don't know if she was talking "trash" to get me to order something.

Thought I would pass this on.

Rebecca

Gabrielle 8/99
Hillary 5/01
Jonathan 9/04

samiam
07-30-2005, 12:34 PM
I think that would be a bad decision on their part. There are tons of HA shoppers here, and even more who wait for codes to order. They should do some type of analysis - sales per week vs. dollar amount of sales once they send out a code. I'm sure they're still making PLENTY of money with the discount. I love the quality of their clothing, but it's excessively priced as are their shipping prices. PLEASE! I find it hard to imagine a 20% discount is hurting their bottom line.

janinegillot
07-30-2005, 12:55 PM
Remember in the old days when every third post here was about Hanna? It seems like many of us have given up on them and hardly post about them any more. I'm sure that also negatively impacts their sales (from the kiddie messageboards) because without talking about Hanna all the time we don't get whipped into a frenzy. I pretty much just stick to their half yearly sales now, and fill the rest of Gisele's wardrobe with Naartjie.
Janine

nohomama
07-30-2005, 01:06 PM
I don't think the sales person was feeding you a line. I think the fact that there hasn't been a Hanna code in eons proves that they're not using codes as a sales tactic anymore.

Regarding whether Hanna is suffering a decrease in sales because of a lack of codes, well, their MOA store is plenty busy whenever I visit and while folks may not talk about Hanna lines in the frenzied way they used to, there's still plenty of talk. Also, if their business was truly suffering, don't you think Hanna would just start circulating 20% off codes again?

new_mommy25
07-30-2005, 01:27 PM
Maybe we should all email them and tell them that their practices are losing potential sales.

murpheyblue
07-30-2005, 02:50 PM
I think the Hanna codes may be a thing of the past :(. I definitely will be ordering less without a code and waiting to see if things so on sale. I love HA's uniqueness and durability but everyone else has codes or other incentives so I'm finding I'm filling more wardrobe slots with things like MiniBoden. I'll still get playdresses and the fleece jackets every year but for the rest, I'm probably seeing what's around when sale time comes.

janinegillot
07-30-2005, 05:12 PM
Oh, I wasn't saying that Hanna is having a big decrease in sales overall, just from our small universe (you know, the Yahoo loops, Gymborebel, etc.). I know that moms from these kids' clothing messageboards aren't ordering as much as they used to, but it probably doesn't impact them very much.
I just hope that they don't change their web site to disallow ordering with old catalogs.
Janine

nohomama
07-30-2005, 08:23 PM
>>I just hope that they don't change their web site to disallow ordering with old catalogs.

What a horrible thought. If they did that they would truly be shooting themselves in the foot, I think.

kozachka
07-31-2005, 01:49 AM
I think HA has figured that codes are not the most effective sales tool. Why offer a discount on all products, those that are selling well anyway and those that are not? You can put just duds on sale, an especially cheap and easy approach through their website. And maximize profits. So I am not counting on a code :(.

Unfortunately for all of us, there are plenty of people who think that Hanna's stuff is still a pretty good deal. And who can blame them? Used fleece jackets sell on eBay for close to $30.

C99
07-31-2005, 09:06 AM
Call me crazy, but I just don't think the marketing and analysis people are going to see it that way (as a loss of sales). In the grand scheme of things, I don't think the loss of the BBB parents' sales are really causing a big impact on their sales totals. If they were going after the discount market, you'd see that in their ad copy, but they're not, so the idea that they're cutting out the "average parent" market doesn't mean much, IMO.

Mommyto3
07-31-2005, 09:39 PM
LOL! no kidding about the used fleece coat thing...I just paid $45 for the 3-d dot coat from a few years ago! I've had it for my kids every year...and because it is actually lined...I feel that it is superior quality to the fleece coats that they have come out with since. Hopefully my size 80 3-d coat will sell for close to that to recoup the money! LOL!

SuenosDelMar
07-31-2005, 11:34 PM
ITA! I dropped $1000+ on Hanna stuff when there was a discount and I was using old catalogs codes. This year the total I have spent is a few $100 total for both sales.

They have definitely lost $ on me. Whether it matters or not to them, I don't care for I am loving H&M where I am willing to pay full-retail price (because it's reasonable and the good stuff is always gone before markdowns) for clothes that remind me a lot of Hanna!

Melanie
08-01-2005, 02:51 AM
*sigh* They are definitely losing money from this household. I'm not a huge spender, but instead of dropping several hundred and code & sale time, I'm eensy-meensy miny-moing over 2-3 items.

I'm most upset, right now, that aside from no code, I feel as though they are penalizing their online shoppers in every which way. We have to pay shipping, (tax for some), AND now no codes. You walk into the store and they are offering the sale items for additional 30% off of what online shoppers see. =(