PDA

View Full Version : skirts...for me

Lucia
08-02-2005, 01:27 AM
Anyone come across any great deals on-line for casual skirts....I am tired of wearing shorts and t-shirts everyday and would like to get a couple of fun, but comfortable/functional skirts (I spend most of my day chasing a two year old!).

Thanks!!!

brigmaman
08-02-2005, 06:23 AM
I have one from Target and get so many complements on it. It's longer on me because I'm short. :)
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=sc_pgb_r_3_0_1060500/601-8163512-5604100?%5Fencoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B0009GVMB6
Here it is. I feel so constricted/restricted in shorts. :)

MarisaSF
08-02-2005, 09:28 AM
i feel so dorky saying this.... but I bought a skort the other day from REI. Title 9 (www.title9.com) has some too. I thought it was perfect for exactly what you're describing!

audball
08-02-2005, 09:43 AM
I think I got this skirt too - is the Sandy Skort (or something similar)? It has a pair of shorts underneath, which is really helpful when climbing on things, chasing after the kids. I got mine at Title9 and while a little pricey ($38), it was worth it. They look so put-together and I can wear it to playgroup, chase my little ones, and then still wear it out on "date night" if I want to! They have them in black and navy blue...I considered it an investment, since all my other skirts don't fit quite as nice.

ETA: Went to Title9.com and got the right info! Sorry...

MarisaSF
08-02-2005, 10:50 AM
The one I got from REI is by "Le Sportif" or something (it's in the wash or I'd check!). One promising feature is that it is made of SPF fabric. I pretend I'm a tennis pro in it to make myself feel less dorky.
Enjoy date night! ;)

houseof3boys
08-02-2005, 12:51 PM
That is really cute. I am going to look for that next time!

I feel fat in shorts still so I am very into skirts these days too. :)

brigmaman
08-02-2005, 03:06 PM
Me too. My thighs rub and shorts start to ride up a bit. Really not pretty. ;)

Lucia
08-03-2005, 04:43 AM
Hi all,
Thanks for the great suggestions. I thought the Target skirt was really cute, but there were none in my size. Funny about Title9...I just started receiving their catalogue and was planning to try one of their skorts...glad to hear that others have good things to say about them.

Thanks again!