PDA

View Full Version : Custom overalls for Halloween

mlewis
09-22-2005, 03:01 PM
I've decided that instead of buying a Halloween costume for DS, who is 27 months old, that I'd like to do custom denim overalls with a pumpkin/fall theme. He could wear them to the pumpkin patch, to daycare for their Halloween party, and also to our church/community fall festival. I've found a couple of things on eBay, but they can get PRICEY! Do you guys have any good ideas or good pics of some? I think instead of buying them, I'll probably have my mom make them or I might even get brave and attempt them myself (but I doubt it!).

s7714
09-22-2005, 03:13 PM
You could see if your local fabric/craft store has any iron on decorative patches in Halloween themes. I know mine usually has a variety of pumkin/fall type ones around this time of the year. Then you could just take a plain pair of overalls and iron them on where ever you desire.

Jennifer
Mommy to
Annalia 3/03
Sophia 6/05

When raising kids the days are oh so long, but the years are short.--John Leguizamo

mlewis
09-23-2005, 06:21 PM
I checked Wal-Mart and JoAnne's this weekend and so far haven't come up with anything. I think I may switch to cowboy overalls. That should be easier, and I have the Gymboree cowboy hat DS could wear with it. I've been searching, but most custom overalls are for girls!

s7714
09-23-2005, 06:45 PM
That sucks. JoAnn's is where I usually see them! I'll have to see if I can find out the brand for you. Maybe they sell them online somewhere...

Jennifer
Mommy to
Annalia 3/03
Sophia 6/05

When raising kids the days are oh so long, but the years are short.--John Leguizamo

s7714
09-23-2005, 06:48 PM
Just Googled quickly to see if I could find them. I didn't find a brand for you, but I did find a variety available on e-bay. Looks like there are some pretty cute ones, but I'd read the feedback carefully to make sure they're a decent quality.

http://tinyurl.com/cxh6j

HTH,
Jennifer
Mommy to
Annalia 3/03
Sophia 6/05

sarasmom
09-24-2005, 06:38 AM
I just received a pair fo overalls for my daughter that are too cute. They have a variety of growgrain ribbons(dots, stripes, solids) all in red and black. Theses are sewn in loops out the bottom of the legs, like fringe trim. They are also looped out the pocket in the front. You could adapt this for fall. I will try to post a pic today since it is very hard to explain, but are really cute.
Carol
Mom to Stephen 7/1/95
Alyssa 4/15/97
Sara 9/2/03