PDA

View Full Version : So, what should I be putting on her feet?

Lovingliv
09-24-2005, 07:10 PM
Hey Mamas...coming to the experts for help. My DD is 4 months 3 weeks, and she has a size 3 foot! She has sadly outgrown her 1st pair of Robeez and now I am not sure what to put on her feet. I have found no socks that will stay on. Everything kind of slips off, and with the cool weather coming I am nervous about her getting cold feet. I am not psyched about spending $$$ on shoes that she only wears for a few months.
What do you all do?

gour0
09-24-2005, 09:04 PM
Have you tried the Carter's socks? These stay on like nothing else in my experience.

http://i16.ebayimg.com/01/i/05/00/5b/b9_1.JPG?set_id=7

I find them at Marshals or TJMaxx for a good price.

gour0
09-24-2005, 09:07 PM
You can also get less expensive leather shoes. Target, Payless, Marshals all have some for $12.99. Also, this seller Shoeszoo on Ebay has them:
http://stores.ebay.com/Shoes-Zoo_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm

Canna
09-24-2005, 10:52 PM
>You can also get less expensive leather shoes. Target,
>Payless, Marshals all have some for $12.99. Also, this seller
>Shoeszoo on Ebay has them:
>http://stores.ebay.com/Shoes-Zoo_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm

I was going to recommend this ebay seller too. Also, Payless sometimes has soft shoes for cheap (I got some clearance ones for $3!!!)

kozachka
09-24-2005, 11:12 PM
How about Hanna moccasins? http://www.hannaandersson.com/style.asp?from=SC%7C9%7C1%7C156%7C45%7C8%7C%7C I got them for DS in french blue from an outlet for $12 couple months ago and ours have a wide elastic accross the top of the feet for extra staying power. Even I have trouble taking them off. Makes me wonder why I paid $$ for Robeez.

ellies mom
09-24-2005, 11:39 PM
I'd try another pair of Roobeez. You'ld be surprised how much bigger the next size will be. My DD wore the 6-12 month size for way over six months and at 22 mo is still in the 12-18 size.

They work great for keeping socks on. They also sell boots that look like they would be so comfy, buI I heard they don't always stay on as well.

Lovingliv
09-25-2005, 08:35 AM
Thanks for the quick responses, Mamas! The carters socks look great. I saw them at an outlet and didn't want to waste the money if they were not going to stay on (I had a few pairs of carters socks that were designed a little different and did not stay on). I will try them now, since you have had good luck!
I was thinking about trying that e-bay seller but I am nervous that they won't be as good as Robeez....support wise. Now that I think about it Robeez don't have any support. HMMMMM....
thanks again everyone.

bluestar2
09-25-2005, 11:20 AM
I just got a couple pairs of the Target soft shoes for $12 and love them. My toddlers run and climb all over the house in them and they don't fall off (though if I remember correctly babies' feet are shaped a bit differently). You can always go to the store and try them on and see if they will work for you. That way, if they don't you are not out any shipping charges. I suspect the Target and Ebay ones are similar if not the same make. Gap triple rolled socks worked out great for us at that age. HTH!

amp
09-25-2005, 01:36 PM
At that age, I'd only use socks, if you can find some that stay on (we like TCP socks), or soft soled shoes like Robeez, or the Circo robeez knockoffs at Target. I would not buy any other type/style of shoes. These are the closest to barefoot I think.

C99
09-25-2005, 05:49 PM
>that they won't be as good as Robeez....support wise. Now
>that I think about it Robeez don't have any support.

Why does a 5-month-old need support in her shoes? Nate wore socks under Robeez and I plan to do the same w/ Rose. I didn't start buying Nathaniel Robeez until 6-12M size, so she can wear his HMDs, but I did just pick up a girly pair of Robeez in 0-6M on the BBBSwap group for $5.

Lovingliv
09-25-2005, 06:17 PM
>Why does a 5-month-old need support in her shoes?

Liv is advanced in the motor stuff. She sat up 3 weeks ago and since that time when we hold her she won't sit on our lap, she wants to "stand". She is standing holding on to things now. We expect (but are not hoping) that she will start to walk early. Especially since Daddy walked at 7 1/2 months!
So the next set of shoes may actually be the ones that she takes her first steps in. I just want to make sure that they are supportive enough...just in case.

Lovingliv
09-25-2005, 06:20 PM
Caroline, how do I get in the swap???

C99
09-25-2005, 06:24 PM
It's actually better for infants to learn to walk in their bare feet, or if they must have a covering, in soft, flexible shoes like Robeez. She won't need harder-soled ("supportive") shoes until/unless she walks outside and that's really more for warmth/protection than anything else.

P.S. You can join the BBB Swap group here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BBB-Swap/

Lovingliv
09-25-2005, 07:07 PM
Yes, I have heard that it is better for the to learn to walk barefoot. The target shoes, I have heard, can be wide and I was just concerned that if I do put those on her and they didn't fit right, I would be doing more harm than good. The Robeez do fit her well. I want to save money but not at her expense! Thanks so much for the response and the swap info!

ETA: So, I think I may try those shoeszoo ebay seller,,,,

ColorBlue
09-25-2005, 09:20 PM
Why don't you wait before you buy anything 'cause cousins Ellie and Maddie are soon going to grow out of their 6-12 month size and we have at least four pair of Robeez, I think we can spare a few pair to send up to MA! We have white with party bows (nearly new), pink kitties that were big sisters (so they show a lot of wear), pink with ice cream cones that we got from the swap, pink and yellow with bunnies (nearly new), and if I can find the mate another pair of white party bows!

If you do try SHoezoo let me know because I'd like to order at least one pair to try and we can save on shipping.

Tracy

Grace 11/01
Ellie and Maddie 10/04

Lovingliv
09-25-2005, 09:49 PM
Thanks sweet SIL,

Yay!
We would love some HMD. I really would like to try shoezoo....he has a ton on ebay. We are due for a visit to CT soon.....

Now my next post

Where can I get one of those cute striped dresses with the leggings for cheap???

HEE,HEE my evil plan worked :) Just kidding!
Thanks Tracy!