PDA

View Full Version : Extremely upset after washing baby's clothing for the 1st time...

hannahbear
09-25-2005, 06:48 PM
I purchased Carter's receiving blankets and Kushie Baby Cloth Diapers (as burp cloths) and I washed them before my baby is born as is indicated on the package.

I washed them exactly according to the directions and I am so upset at the fact that the receiving blankets fuzzed up like crazy and are now covered with rolled lint as if I have been using them for thirty years and the burp cloths are just the same.

This was a fairly small load compared to the laundry I usually put into my washer and dryer and I am so disappointed with the fact that there was soooooo much lint.

Is there anything I did wrong? Like the directions stated I washed them warm with like colors and used fabric softener and dried them on low heat in the dryer.

Any advice or recommendations, did this happen because it is the first time I wash them? or will they turn out like this everytime? It seems like they need to be brushed down with a lint/fuzz brush.

Thanks,
Hanaa
*surprise*

Canna
09-25-2005, 08:28 PM
Well, if the receiving blankets are flannel, flannel things do make a lot of lint. It sounds like it could be normal?

C99
09-25-2005, 09:01 PM
I wouldn't use fabric softener on burp cloths -- it repels water and you want burp cloths to be absorbant. In fact, you might want to think about washing the burp cloths a couple of times to maximize their absorbancy.

As a PP said, if the receiving blankets were flannel, they will pill and fuzz. That is just what flannel does and its great advantage. If they weren't flannel, you could always take them back to Carter's and complain. I've always had good luck with most receiving blankets, made by Carter's or other brands.