PDA

View Full Version : Tag-ripping Day ! Have you had yours?

SuenosDelMar
09-28-2005, 08:24 PM
It is getting chilly here finally and I am thinking about pulling out the fall clothes. I am probably behind everyone else, but I like to get as much wear out of the previous season as possible, so we have been doing summer clothes with sweaters over.

I always wash her clothing before wearing and I buy way ahead and bin them, so I have tended to rip all the tags at once and wash the lot with a bunch of those color catcher sheets.

Have you ripped yours? And do you rip all at once or as you get ready to wear?

Leem
09-28-2005, 08:32 PM
HI~
I ripped three (no, FOUR!) tags- in the past two days alone (in New York). The mornings have been chilly!
Danielle

MarisaSF
09-28-2005, 08:33 PM
It doesn't get very cold here (Sorry! Ducks for cover!), but I did have a tag-ripping day last week as Jazz is outgrowing her 6-12 mos. It was so scary and yet freeing at the same time. Those tags always hold "its-not-yours," "you spent too much," "they're not gonna fit in the right season" nasty subliminal notes on them! But I never wash right away if I've bought ahead -- some commitment issues there!

I ripped into the 12-18s all at once. I have a small stash of 18-24s and even some 2Ts that were gifts. I'll hold off on those until they look like they'd fit.

BTW, I saw some dolphins playing in the waves recently and thought of you, Suenos. :)

s7714
09-28-2005, 08:44 PM
I've come close several times in the past couple weeks. (I usually do one big tag removal session.) But now we're back into the 80-90s this week, so its been delayed again. I'd really like some cooler weather here!

Jennifer
Mommy to
Annalia 3/03
Sophia 6/05

When raising kids the days are oh so long, but the years are short.--John Leguizamo

kimbe
09-28-2005, 09:08 PM
So funny to see this post! I had my tag ripping day yesterday and I washed three loads of clothes today. DD is growing out of her 0-3s and the weather is getting cool so I had to get all the bigger and warmer stuff ready to wear!

It being the first kiddo for us, we left tags on the things we weren't ready to use yet! We still haven't had to buy DD anything when it comes to clothes!

Fun post!

craftysierra
09-28-2005, 10:36 PM
In Southern California our weather has only teased us about fall. My son has also slowed in his growth and it is looking like more of last falls clothes have a chance of fitting. I want to play with the new fall clothes and can only go in the closet to look. :)

Sierra

SpaceGal
09-28-2005, 10:57 PM
So funny to see this thread. Like some PP I've come close to it...here in Central NY it's gets really cold at night but hot in the day. So I've been layering trying to get the most wear out of his 3-6 months summer stuff. I've put the tank top sunsuits away but the shortsleeves are still out.

I think this weekend I'll do a big tag ripping because on the drive home tonight it was windy and gusty as heck. So it might be that time. Who knows we'll see...I will have to check out the ten day forecast on weather.com. :)

redhookmom
09-29-2005, 07:50 AM
It was tag ripping, sock wearing kind of day in NY. I love socks.
I saw my son look strangly at his arms after pulling his long sleeve shirt on. I guess summer is officially over.

jennifer_r
09-29-2005, 02:27 PM
Today was the day when I decided to rip the tags and wash some of her new clothes. Kind of sad to put the summer stuff away but I am excited about her new fall wardrobe (Dare I say that she still doesn't have ENOUGH clothes :) !).

Jennifer

Mom to:
Christopher 12/29/89
Adelaide 8/23/04
And another DD arriving end of October!

C99
09-29-2005, 02:39 PM
I rip as I am getting to wear or put the item on. I used to always wash before wearing w/ baby stuff, but I no longer do this.

sarsah
09-29-2005, 04:00 PM
We're still in shorts and t-shirts here in metro Atlanta. I thought it was going to be cooler today, but the weather report was wrong -- we're in the 80s again.

As far as tag ripping, I do it as my kids get ready to wear each item. That way, if they don't wear something towards the end of the season, I can either return it (depending on where I bought it and their policy) or resell it for a higher price since it still has the tag attached.

Sarah.....mom to Jason (5/25/00) & Devin (5/12/03)

sarsah
09-29-2005, 04:00 PM
We're still in shorts and t-shirts here in metro Atlanta. I thought it was going to be cooler today, but the weather report was wrong -- we're in the 80s again.

As far as tag ripping, I do it as my kids get ready to wear each item. That way, if they don't wear something towards the end of the season, I can either return it (depending on where I bought it and their policy) or resell it for a higher price since it still has the tag attached.

Sarah.....mom to Jason (5/25/00) & Devin (5/12/03)

Saartje
09-29-2005, 05:29 PM
I had my tag-ripping day a few weeks ago, when we had a cool spell. It warmed up in between, but now we're needing them again; think it might be time to put the summer stuff away now. Need to get knitting, though -- Ishie needs more pants, and a couple of sweaters.

kimbe
09-29-2005, 06:10 PM
I am in Central NY too! We had the kiddos in hooded jackets and all blanketed up on our walk this afternoon...thought we were gonna blow away!

mom2aidan
09-29-2005, 07:38 PM
Today was a tag-ripping day. I took out all his long-sleeve shirts. His pants from spring(size 12-18) still fits him so I'm letting him use those for now. And yes, I wash all of his clothes before I put it on him too so I tend to rip them all at once.
I'm in NJ so it's been fall-like here today. Cool but still nice!

SuenosDelMar
09-30-2005, 12:26 AM
Awww - thanks for thinking of me. After a hectic day working in some tough neigborhoods in LA, my early evening walk along the beach to "commune" with the dolphins was my solace. I miss that form of stress release so much.

SuenosDelMar
09-30-2005, 12:30 AM
Your replies and the fact that it is quite chilly here today caused me to bring up my Fall bins and pick out a bunch of things to rip the tags off this weekend (have to make this last awhile - it's too much fun and I don't feel a bit guilty :P )

kozachka
09-30-2005, 04:54 AM
It was above 100 here today. Dare I admit I just bought two Hanna t-shirts off eBay to match DS size 90 By The Sea jacket and pants. They arrived today and are a bit big on DS :(. Crazy but at $20 for both I could not pass the 'bargain'. Figured I can always get most of my money back if we don't use them. I just returned a bunch of stuff to Gymboree and need to get to Old Navy to return summer tops/check out fall offerings.

DS has outgrown a lot of his short sleeve t-shirts but I resist buying him more in the next size up. Will manage somehow for the next few weeks. We are moving to a colder climate in less than a month so I can't really justify it. We've been using next size up jackets for cool evening weather.

cleo27
09-30-2005, 03:25 PM
I cleaned out most of DDs summer stuff over the weekend, and washed most of the new fall stuff. She has been wearing new fall outfits for the last 3 days and I LOVE it! I love the new outfits and really enjoy dressing her in fall things.

I'm so glad I am not the only one to find such joy from this.

Hugs,

tiapam
10-01-2005, 11:50 PM
This is so strange - I did not understand at first what you were talking about. Then when I got it, I had to laugh. Today was DD's bday party and I had bought a dress (from J&J) months ago, but it is a little too big (and she is not walking), so I decided to put her in a long sleeve one piece (a gift from J&J) instead. And then today, I faced the fact that it was going to be almost eighty degrees, and ripped the tags off a short sleeve onesie and knit overalls from Sears. The best laid plans!

-Pam

Charlotte born October 2004