PDA

View Full Version : Oh My Gosh! A Gymboree Outlet is opening near me!!!

daisymommy
09-29-2005, 08:44 PM
I couldn't believe it--I was strolling through my local outlet mall today (one of the biggest in the country), and I saw a sign on an empty shop advertising that a Gymboree outlet store was opening there soon!
I am beyond excited, I'm practically drooling dreaming about buying cute little layette pieces for this next baby :) And of course for Joshua too. DH will be happy that everything will be cheaper too, I'm sure.

jess_g
09-29-2005, 08:54 PM
So where is it? And where are the other gymboree outlets? Any in New England or California?

Jessica.

daisymommy
09-29-2005, 08:55 PM
The mall I am speaking of is in Potomac Mills Mall, in Woodbridge VA. Not sure where the other one's are.

kcimato
09-29-2005, 09:31 PM
I thought I heard my local gymbo saying they were opening a store there.Do you know when it opens?

C99
09-29-2005, 09:48 PM
Gymbo has changed its tactics w/ the outlet stores. My understanding is that they will be selling made-for-outlets lines w/ slightly reduced prices, rather than clearancing stuff out through the outlet, as their Michigan outlet did.

AngelaS
09-30-2005, 06:27 AM
Yep, that's exactly what they're doing, so don't expect any great deals!

Shirts are about $15, hoodies/sweaters are like $20 or $25 and leggings are $12. Maybe they'll have good sales, but the one near me just opened and it was pricer that the sale prices in the regular store!

knaidel
09-30-2005, 09:28 AM
Angela-
did you check out the Kenosha outlet? has it opened yet?

AngelaS
09-30-2005, 10:48 AM
Yep, it's been open a week. Some cute stuff, but full price at the outlet's too spendy for me! LOL I'm waiting for sales!

Globetrotter
09-30-2005, 03:11 PM
There is one opening in Milpitas, CA, in the Great Mall. However, after hearing that it'll feature different merchandise, I'm not too thrilled about it.
In any case, I'm off Gymbo. now. I haven't seen anything there recently that I really like, whereas Naartjie and HA. WOW!! Just need to wait for the big sales, though.

Kris

zuzu
09-30-2005, 03:36 PM
Cool - thanks! I'm not too far from there.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

bcafe
09-30-2005, 07:52 PM
I was sorely disappointed in the "outlet" The prices were not good at all. As previously stated, I can get "regular" sale gymbo stuff at a better price. I would think they would have a special new store sale, but they did not.

daisymommy
09-30-2005, 08:40 PM
Wow--bummer. That stinks! Thanks for warning me so I don't get my hopes up. And I'll remember to keep checking the regular store sales.