PDA

View Full Version : soft soled shoes for chubby feet

nyc_mom
09-30-2005, 01:30 PM
Okay, thanks to the advice of some nice mamas on the board i've decided to stick with a robeez-like shoe for my 11 month old non-walker. However, DD is quite the chubster and the robeez (regardless of size) leave pretty deep elastic marks around her ankles, even with socks on. Are there any soft soled shoes out there for non-walkers that don't have that elastic or are made for chubby little feet? Thanks again!

Lauren

mom to Paige 10/20/04

WooChx
09-30-2005, 02:38 PM
I know about a year ago someone posted the sizing difference between different brands. I can't remember if it was Robeez or Bobux that were better for wider feet. Personally, I buy all of my soft soled shoes on eBay. The knock-off's are made just as well and only cost about $9.00. I suggest giving them a shot. They seem pretty wide to me. A lot of people on the board order from ShoesZoo.

http://stores.ebay.com/Shoes-Zoo_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm

lisa56308
09-30-2005, 02:51 PM
Shooshoos are great for chubby feet. My guy was about 20 pounds at 5 months and had huge feet. I could barely get Robeez on but Shooshoos worked great for us.

SewSarahSew
09-30-2005, 07:03 PM
Some WAHM soft sole shoe makers will custom make shoes to your child's foot. It is not a difficult thing, you usually just need to trace their foot and measure their ankle, and then you are guarenteed shoes that really fit comfortably without red marks. Many WAHMs do this for no extra charge.

nicknack
09-30-2005, 07:54 PM
Definitely Bobux, they worked SO well for my chubby-footed boy!

ellies mom
10-01-2005, 01:24 AM
If you are at all handy with a sewing needle (not even sewing on a button handy), you can replace the elastic with a longer piece. Buy some 1/4" elastic. Cut the elastic in the shoe. Attach the new piece to the old piece; thread it through. Remove the old piece and connect the ends. It is, to quote Sherri Hiller from Room By Room, "Sew Simple".

samiam
10-01-2005, 11:06 AM
Ditto what Lisa said about Shooshoos - they worked well for us.

mykidsmom
10-02-2005, 04:50 PM
try pedipeds.( www.pedipeds.com ) and I have also seen some on e-bay. They are super cute soft sole and pretty wide too.

kensjen
10-02-2005, 05:01 PM
I'll second, or third, ShooShoos! My son has XW feet and ShooShoos fit the best. HTH

mamasoup
10-03-2005, 10:21 PM
>If you are at all handy with a sewing needle (not even sewing
>on a button handy), you can replace the elastic with a longer
>piece. Buy some 1/4" elastic. Cut the elastic in the shoe.
>Attach the new piece to the old piece; thread it through.
>Remove the old piece and connect the ends. It is, to quote
>Sherri Hiller from Room By Room, "Sew Simple".

When you connect the ends..are you just tying them into a knot or are you sewing them together? I have 2 pairs of the Payless knockoffs from a while back and on one pair one shoe is really tight and I thought about doing what you said. It has been on my list of things to do for a few weeks now! I just need to go get the elastic.

Alicia

ellies mom
10-03-2005, 10:41 PM
I would sew them together, but if you tied a tight enough knot, I don't see why you couldn't do that either. I think sewing it would be a little less bulky, but honestly who's going to notice?