PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know where I can get this costume?

lmintzer
10-02-2005, 05:40 PM
This is just so cute! I'm thinking my kids could be Tigger and Roo. Maybe DH and I can get into the spirit as well. I could be Kanga and put little Roo in a sling, lol.

Anyway, I believe this costume is sold through Disney on line and is gone in the 18-24 month-size. We probably could do 12-18 or 18-24, as long as it doesn't run too small.

I've seen them on Ebay, but they are going for $40 and up. That seems crazy to me.

Just checking to see if anyone has any other ideas where I might find one of these. I will post on BBB swap too.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/29639.jpg

kaitlinsmommy
10-02-2005, 08:26 PM
They are at disneydirect.com.

I am getting both kids' costumes from there.

spanannie
10-02-2005, 08:42 PM
OMG! How cute!

lmintzer
10-03-2005, 08:03 PM
The Roo costume is sold out at Disney Direct. : ( They are scalping them on Ebay for ridiculous prices.

Any other thoughts about where I could find it?

Tondi G
10-03-2005, 08:26 PM
Aidan is going to be Roo for Halloween this year! We ordered his Roo costume and Mason's Power Ranger costume LAST NIGHT! I am so glad I went ahead and ordered yesterday instead of procrastinating like I always do!!!! I am just crossing my fingers that it fits Aidan... he's a big boy at 5 months... will be 6 at Halloween ... hope the 12 month one fits him.... if not I'll let you know!

Have you called your local Disney store??

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01 and Aidan 5/4/05

lmintzer
10-03-2005, 09:25 PM
Tondi,
I'm glad you got the last 12 month size. It will probably be big enough. I'm looking for the 24 month size for Joshua--it's been gone for a few days at least. I tried calling the Disney store nearest us, and they said they weren't affiliated with Disney Direct. Go figure. Maybe I'll call another Disney store and see what they say.

bchafin
10-04-2005, 05:37 AM
Hi. I work at Disney Store. We were sold to the The Children's Place last year. We are no longer a part of Disney, therefore we don't carry much of the same merchandise as the catalog, online, or the parks. We also don't take catalog or online returns. I know it is confusing to have a Disney Store that isn't owned by Disney. I'm not happy about it either. On the plus side, I think The Children's Place is doing a better job with our apparel. We don't have many infant costumes (just Mickey, Minnie, Pooh and Tigger), but our kids costumes look better in person than the catalog and online. Most of the catalog princesses are the same as what we had in the store last year. Ours in the store look better made and more detailed. (Just my opinion.)

The only other thing I can suggest is to call the park. If they have it, they will ship. It would be better than paying ebay prices. The merchandise number for WDW is 407-363-6200. You can also try 5th Ave. in NY. They are the only Disney Store that remained a part of Disney (they are a World of Disney store now). I don't have their number.

Good luck and I'm sorry about the confusion.