PDA

View Full Version : Hanna Columbus Day Sale

MommytoDylan
10-04-2005, 05:13 PM
Just got an email that this starts Friday in stores. 20-40% off winter stuff. Anyone been to one? Is it worth a 40 minute drive?

Thanks,
Meredith

spanannie
10-04-2005, 08:15 PM
Will the new stuff on-line be on sale in stores? I'm just wondering if I should call and have my stuff shipped to me?

Thanks!

kboyle
10-05-2005, 11:21 PM
Does anyone know about this? Will it be only their retail stores or does this incl outlets?

Andrea S
10-06-2005, 02:28 PM
The manager at the store near me said none of the stuff in the holiday catalog will be marked down.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02
& #2 EDD 3/28/06

C99
10-06-2005, 02:51 PM
OMG Andrea -- congrats on your new pregnancy!

The SA I talked to at the Oakbrook store said the same thing -- only clothes that have already been marked down will likely be in this sale.

C99
10-06-2005, 03:40 PM
OMG Andrea -- congrats on your new pregnancy!

The SA I talked to at the Oakbrook store said the same thing -- only clothes that have already been marked down will likely be in this sale.

jess_g
10-06-2005, 09:27 PM
Thanks, Now which stores have no sales tax? Or does it matter since we don't have sales tax on clothing here in MA? Also if anyone goes I would love a little report about what they have and what is on sale and all. I am still deciding on the jungle fleece jacket. I had decided not to get it but now that I saw it in the holiday catalog I want one again.

Thanks,

Jessica.

C99
10-06-2005, 10:34 PM
I don't know if they take off sales tax if they are shipping from a store. I know that Oregon doesn't have sales tax on clothing and HA is headquartered there.

s7714
10-06-2005, 11:47 PM
I believe the law is that the store must charge the appropriate sales tax for the state the item is shipping to if they have a retail location in that same state (even if you are ordering from a out of state location). However, if you don't have sales tax on clothing in MA then perhaps you'll get away w/o any sales tax at all? Not sure how that'd work. (I think Oregon is the only state left w/o a state sales tax--one of the things I miss about living there!)

Jennifer
Mommy to
Annalia 3/03
Sophia 6/05

When raising kids the days are oh so long, but the years are short.--John Leguizamo

AngelaS
10-07-2005, 06:36 AM
Montana doesn't have sales tax either. But they don't have Hanna either.... :P

Andrea S
10-07-2005, 09:50 AM
Thanks Caroline

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02
& #2 EDD 3/28/06

jess_g
10-07-2005, 06:41 PM
Just bought a Jungle Fleece Jacket for my son. It was $32 plus $7 for shipping but I have wanted one for a while and I would be so disipointed if the size 90 was sold out by the time they have them at the outlets. Just wanted to let everyone know they have the fleece jackets on sale. I did not ask about the zippers or the long johns (my other favorite hanna items).

Jessica.

MommytoDylan
10-07-2005, 08:28 PM
Well I called the Hanna store at Fashion Island last night (the night before the sale started) and asked if any new things would be on sale as I was there a week and a half ago. They said come and be surprised--they wouldn't give me any information over the phone.

I went today and it appeared to me to be all the same things as a week and a half ago. They had some long johns and zippers on sale for 28 dollars, but they had been on sale before.

I even wanted to exchange a pair of socks for a bigger size (I had ordered mail order with a code) and they charged me the difference of the code!

I felt pretty irritated leaving the mall!

Meredith

kozachka
10-08-2005, 12:38 AM
Yeh, I called Newport store earlier today hoping to pick some bargains but as you said they had same prices as a week and a half ago. JJ jacket $32, JJ pants $14, turtleneck $14 so no bargains here.

I'd be pretty upset too if I were charged for the price difference sizing up. Did you try talking to the manager? I had a similar situation at Old Navy and they let me exchange for no extra $$. You'd think Hanna has better CS than ON. It's not a huge amount of money, just a matter of principle.

Marcy_O
10-08-2005, 12:48 PM
YES! I live about 5 hours away and that sounds tempting...I can't for the life of me find a sweater or sweatshirt jacket for DS anywhere. I love the sherpa stuff and the zippers.

BaileyBea
10-08-2005, 12:49 PM
I called the Hanna in Oregon yesterday. The Red, Green and French blue wiggle pants are on sale for $16.00. And she told me that they will have much more mark downs two weeks before xmas. So to call back. I really want the Swedish Mocs.

I love their new Dala horse outfits. My DH is Swedish so I wanted to get some items for our son for xmas. We'll see. I just can't afford them till they are on sale.

Nancy
Mom to Curtis, 2/27/05