PDA

View Full Version : HA order too big

kboyle
10-05-2005, 11:19 PM
So I just made my second HA order. Zippers, yay!!! I first ordered wiggle pants for my sons when they were on sale at the outlets for $5-6. I was supposed to receive 1 pair of 50, 1 pair of 60 and a 90 for my 2 yr old. Instead I got the 90 and 2 60s. The 60s are pretty big on my 2 mo old rolled 3 times on the cuff and twice on the waist, but they aren't baggy, just long. When I placed my zippers order I figured the 60 pants weren't humongus on him, so I got the 60 zippers. Well, they are WAY swimming on him. Arms and legs are long, which I expected, but it's really baggy in the body too. I'm going to keep them, but should I buy 50s or just hold off, not worth it? I haven't washed it yet, if I do, will it shrink enough that I can put him in it now? I also got 1-2 swedish mocs that are too large too. Should I get NBs?

Another question: I noticed in the catalog that they sell swedish mocs for women, do any of you mom's out there like them, I think I want a pair.

I also want moc for my 2 yr old. He is a sz 6.5 with a 7 shoe. The 7-9 size just seems sooo big, but 5-7 will be too small, right.

Sorry this is sooo long, I'm getting HA fever and want stuff to last, but nothing fits yet.

When do they normally have their end of the year 50% off sale? When I asked the SA said she thinks the wk BEFORE x-mas, is that right? It seems like it should be after xmas.

Thanks for listening to me ramble and question about HA,

s7714
10-05-2005, 11:41 PM
Can't answer your zipper question, but as for the Mocs I'd say the 5-7 would probably be too small or short lived if your son is 6.5/7. My DD wears that size too. She can still wear her 5-7 Mocs, but her toes are right at the end. Her 7-9 pair are a little big, but she can walk fine in them.

Jennifer
Mommy to
Annalia 3/03
Sophia 6/05

When raising kids the days are oh so long, but the years are short.--John Leguizamo

jhmom
10-05-2005, 11:53 PM
I was just told at the retail store the other day that HA stuff reaches it's maximum shrinkage after 3-4 washings AND dryings so you might try that first to see how the fit is. I didn't get addicted to Hanna until my boys were in 80's so I am not familiar with the tiny infant sizing. Hanna is sooo addictive! I was just told at the retail store that their biggest sale is the week BEFORE Christmas. I can't wait! :) Kerri

spanannie
10-06-2005, 12:09 AM
IIRC, the big on-line sale started on Christmas Day...I could be wrong, though.

I can't be of much help on the sizing...I ordered some overalls from HA and tried them on her today. The bib of the overalls actually comes up to her nose, if they are fitting correctly elsewhere. This is an 80, and although she's still not really an 80, they fit her without being ridiculously huge.

My 3 y old son can't wear any HA pants. If we get them to fit in the waist, they are too short. If they are the right length, they fall off of him. He was able to wear their shorts this past summer (since we didn't have to worry about length with shorts) and he wore an 80. He was in sz 90 pjs at age 2, though. At 3, he's wearing 100 in the shirts.

I'd say your 2 mo old should be in a 50. My DD can actually still wear her size 60 zippers, and she's 15 mos old (and average sized). She'd look silly in them now, but they would fit. We bought the 60 for her at 6 mos old.

kboyle
10-06-2005, 12:13 AM
Thanks guys, I guess I'll just wait and order before xmas. I'll wash the zipper a few times and see if it fits. It's soo cute (pop dots) I hate that it's just sitting in the drawer.

I just googled the Columbus day sale and it's:

10/07/2005 through 10/10/2005

Save up to 20-40% off the original prices for select new babies and kids apparel and accessories.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Coupon for Kittery outlet- I think you have to print and use in-store.

http://www.thekitteryoutlets.com/specialdiscounts.cfm
20% off one in store item

Valid only at Kittery Premium Outlets. Cannot be combined with any other coupon, sale or promotion. One redemption per person per store per day. Not valid on Gift Certificates or Gift Cards, Internet transactions, or previous purchases. Not redeemable for store credit or cash. Customer must present coupon at time of purchase to receive the special offer. Certain restrictions may apply. Please see store for details.
Dates: September 19 - October 31

----------------------------------------------------------------------
There is also this at the outlets:

October 14 - 30
Monster Sale
Take an additional 50% off selected winter 2004 favorites for the entire family
Current hannas arriving at 20% - 40% off catalog prices

I love sales!

dules
10-06-2005, 12:40 PM
My DD is almost 2 and wears a 6.5 shoe. The 5-7 socks from Hanna from last year are too small so I would buy the bigger mocs. She's between an 80 and a 90 now at just over 34 inches tall.

She was 6lbs 11 oz and 18 1/2 inches at birth and was in a 50 zipper until about 2 months. At 2-3 months the 60's started to fit (they do shrink a lot, wiggle pants and zippers both, after a few washings). She went into a 70 (60's short in the rise) at right about 5-6 months. Up until she was 18 months and had a huge growth spurt, she was always 50th percentile for both height and weight.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Mary

kboyle
10-06-2005, 12:57 PM
I bid on some 50s zippers from ebay, if I win I win, if not, oh well, the 60s will fit him sooner or later :)

I think I'm going to get more zippers and the mocs around Dec when they have their big sale.