PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take to grow out a size of SKRs?

mizzum
10-08-2005, 03:34 AM
So my gamble on having SKR sent to me in the UK didnt pay off- I ordered my first pair in a 6 and his toes are not even 1/2" from the end. I sent those back and had two more pairs coming so I stopped them and am currently debating what sizes to change to.My son is only 14 months, how can he need bigger than a 6?!

My dilemma is whether to get 7s or 8s. My twin with the chubby feet is only cruising but he is a quick learner althugh I imagine it will be a while yet before he is toddling about. So my question is: how long on average do you get out of any given size of SKRs in your experience. There is a little room in the 6 but not enough for growth I dont think. So obviously a 7 would fit but how long would he get out of it? I am wondering if I should play it safe and get one 7 and 2 pairs in an 8? Or will he be walking before he needs the 8?

This is hard when I am so far away but the store i ordered from (its a rag dolls life) have been great with changing sizes etc.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Mizzum

rfeibelm
10-08-2005, 07:42 AM
I don't think I would get 8s. My ds is in 6s right now with a little room to grow and I ordered a pair of 7s for him to wear next. The 7s are huge! It looks like it would be 6 months before he could wear them.

audball
10-08-2005, 09:53 AM
I agree with PP - the 8s are really big. If you are nervous about growth at all, you could try the 7s and with the winter months coming up, wear them with socks.

DS just outgrew his Jacks and I surprised to see that they were 6s! Maybe because his feet aren't that chubby (he has average sized feet). He wore them for about 5 months. The 7s are a little big for him, but with socks, he can manage walking in them just fine (he's 22 months for comparison). I was surprised that the SKR sizing chart puts the 7s and 8s at the same age range - there is really a big difference in size!

We have 8s in the sandals and hoping that he'll wear them by late spring summer.

mlewis
10-10-2005, 08:10 AM
I agree with this! My DS is in 6.5 Stride Rite and 7 in TCP and Gap, but the size 7 from SKR were HUGE! I don't know when he'll grow into them.

SewSarahSew
10-10-2005, 07:34 PM
I know age doesn't mean a lot with shoe sizing, but I ordered size 8 for Amelia, which is what she wears in Stride Rites, and they are huge! I don't know that they will fit her before spring, and they are the black ones. :(

Amelia is 2.5 yrs old and not small for her age, so I just can't imagine size 8s with your 14 mo. old! I think he'll be in the 7s quite a long time is SKR. They are generous in their sizing.

mizzum
10-11-2005, 09:16 AM
Thank you for your replies. I have decided on 2 pairs in a 7 and one 8 for him to wear later? He was fitted for shoes here and was the biggest size and width they do for new walkers and he cant even walk! He is 33" and 28lbs, so maybe that has something to do with it? My other twin was the smallest and the narrowest and he is walking.

Thanks again.

Mizzum

mlewis
10-11-2005, 10:07 AM
When they do an exchange, are you charged for shipping? I'm about to send my 7's back and am trying to decide if I should return them or exchange for a 6. The 7's were so big that I really think he could easily wear a 6, but don't want to spend so much money on the shipping that it's not really worth my while. I've already spent 6.95 shipping for the original pair and then will pay shipping to send them back.

SAHMommie
10-11-2005, 07:36 PM
Sounds like a good decision. I think the 7's are going to do well for you. 8's would swallow his foot right now. That is really interesting that one twin his a large wide foot and the other a small narrow one. Enjoy your new SKR's we love ours!

SAHMommie

mizzum
10-12-2005, 08:59 AM
Try emailing them at [email protected]

I dont know what happens for exchanges within the US-obviously the rules are different for overseas shipments like mine. I had another 2 on back order anyway so she is putting the new size of the 3rd pair in with the other pairs when they come.I paid to return the 6.

HTH

Mizzum