PDA

View Full Version : TCP has HA knockoff PJs

sdbc
10-09-2005, 02:14 PM
TCP has opposite stripe pjs. They are dfinitely HA knockoffs. We don't need any PJs but will buy some for next year if they go on sale before selling out. They look cute.

If anyone gets them, please post about the quality.

Sue

Sue, mommy to Aurora (Rory) born 5/13/04

iluvmy2boys
10-09-2005, 08:46 PM
ohhh!!!

Are they in the bigger sizes or just in baby sizes?!?!

both my boys need PJs and if they are anything like the "long john" style PJs we got last year from TCP they are awesome!!! My oldest DS's PJs from last year still fit!!

bethwl
10-09-2005, 09:46 PM
I imagine they are similar in quality to the other Children's Place knit jammies, which are fine, I think, but not as thick and sturdy as Hanna. But fine for the price. Probably also not as warm as the thicker knit of Hanna for the dead of winter.

kensjen
10-09-2005, 10:06 PM
Yes, I would agree with this. I don't really buy hannas because of the stripes or cute colors (although that helps!), I buy them for their softness, how they retain their shape and color, and how they look new after being worn for years.
That is what makes them worth the price.

kboyle
10-09-2005, 10:45 PM
They are only for toddler and older sizes. Not in baby sz. I think they are 2/$25.

s7714
10-09-2005, 11:53 PM
Lands End has some opposite stripe long john sets for boys this year too (size 4-16).

Maybe with all these knockoffs Hanna will think about lowering some of their prices to compete? ;) Yeah right...wishful dreaming.

Jennifer
Mommy to
Annalia 3/03
Sophia 6/05

When raising kids the days are oh so long, but the years are short.--John Leguizamo

iluvmy2boys
10-17-2005, 08:30 PM
thanks for posting about these - I went and got some of these for the boys!!!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE these long john style jammies from TCP - they are very Hanna Anderssonish and at $12.50/pr (as they're 2/$25) MUCH cheaper (Hanna Andersson long johns are $36 a pair I believe?!). They are very soft (even before washing) and they have no tags at the neck (tagless) and have flat-lock seams just like the HA long johns too - awesome!! They feel almost as thick (maybe even thicker!!!) and just feel awesome - am very anxious to see how these babies wash up!! I bought each boy 4prs and am gonna go back and get them each 2more prs in their 2 favorite colors !! LOVE LOVE LOVE these!

the coloring in the pic of Holden's jammies here is way off - they're not that dark (and neither is he!! LOL)
http://www.chaostech.com/jmm/ashtongreentcp1.jpg http://www.chaostech.com/jmm/holdenbluetcp2.jpg

aren't they sweet when they're sleeping?!?!?!
http://www.chaostech.com/jmm/ashtongreentcp2.jpg

and yes, I accidentally chopped the top of Holden's head off - but only in the pic - I promise, it's still there IRL LOL
http://www.chaostech.com/jmm/holdenbluetcp1.jpg

brittone2
10-22-2005, 09:39 PM
ITA...after seeing a post here about them last week or so, I went to TCP and picked up two pairs of jammies for DS...the red striped set and the green striped set.

Love that they are tagless, and the seams are nice. I think they are nice and soft, and 100% cotton. They certainly aren't as thick or sturdy as Hannas (we only have zippers, I have lusted after long johns for a while but haven't bought any), but DS tends to get quite hot at night when sleeping so thinner may be a blessing.

I'm not sure how they'll wash/wear after being used quite a bit, but they are cute and seem comfy. With DH returning to grad school, Hannas aren't in the budget so much anymore so these were a nice option ;) Thanks to the person that originally posted about these :)

I'm thinking about using them for DS's Christmas photos for a photo card actually. They had matching slippers too. I didn't get to look at them very closely but I think they were 8.50 a pair? Has anyone had experience with the slippers yet?

kijip
10-23-2005, 08:35 AM
The hanna long johns are not as thick as the zippers IME. Haven't seen TCP version but I was just noting today that Toby's Hanna pjs seem pretty thin compared to the thick christmas zipper I have ready and waiting!

SewSarahSew
10-23-2005, 07:43 PM
I couldn't resist - we went to the mall today just so I could check these out. They are CUTE! So hanna! I can't believe the price... $12.50/pair.

I love to sew, for fun and now a little for my WAHM biz, and I have always sewn all my kids pjs. BUT, I can hardly buy the fabric for that price, not to mention the fact that it would take me a couple hours to sew these. I start getting a knot in my stomach thinking about where they are made if TCP can price them like this...

I rarely shop for kids clothes since I sew alot and they get lots of hand me downs, and Grandma gifts, so I was astonished at the low prices at TCP. I guess I browse the Hanna catalog too much, lol! TCP had fleece pullovers for Daniel on clearance for $8. And they are in season right now, what's with that?

How can TCP have such low prices - is the quality really iffy? These opposite pjs same to be good quality. Not top notch, for sure, but much, much better than Walmart or even Target.

brittone2
10-23-2005, 10:58 PM
Good to know. It makes me feel even better about those TCP jammies LOL. Still love those HA zippers though :) Budget doesn't however ;)

sarasmom
10-24-2005, 06:22 AM
I bought some of these couple of weeks ago. I think they seem reaaly nice. But I thought I would let you know that my 8Yo DD says these are her favorite PJ's. She says they are warm and cozy. She tends to be cold. I only bought her and my other DD one set each. I should probably go back for more.
Carol
Mom to Stephen 7/1/95
Alyssa 4/15/97
Sara 9/2/03

bluej
10-24-2005, 06:47 AM
For those who like to have jammies to match their kids, on the web site they have adult pj's for $24.50 :)

KrystalS
10-24-2005, 02:13 PM
I went to the mall today to get dd a jacket(its finally getting cold here in Oklahoma!) and I went in TCP to look at these PJs. I bought 2 pair, they seem to be good quality, really soft. The only thing I didn't like was they only had 1 girl color, pink. I got the red ones too but I think they still look kind of boyish because they are dark red. Anyway, we'll see how they hold up, I got dd a 3T so hopefully she will be able to wear them next year too. I have never bought Hanna PJs because they are so pricey but I think these are just as cute as Hanna, just wish there were more color choices.

KrystalS
Sorry I don't know why it posted some many times

KrystalS
duplicate

KrystalS
10-24-2005, 02:14 PM
duplicate

KrystalS
10-24-2005, 02:14 PM
duplicate

MelissaTC
10-24-2005, 02:38 PM
We have 5 pair - red, green, blue, penguin print and holiday print. Natthew loves them to pieces. They were a great deal with the 2 for 25 plus then the 15% off from the holiday shopping pass coupon. I have washed them a few times and they have held up well. Overall, I have been satisfied with TCP items we have gotten over the years. I only had one item shrink horribly. Other than that, all has held up well.

TahliasMom
10-24-2005, 02:57 PM
We had the few of the one piece cotton stripped zippers and they held up really well. Their sizes tend to run small and shrink a little in the wash. i'm not sure if dd is ready for 2 pieces but they are cute!!!

BeachBaby
10-24-2005, 03:40 PM
Has anyone bought new zippers this year? I bought two: the New Pop Dots and the Little Cottage, which I think is from last winter or something. Anyway, I was really disappointed with the quality. The fabric is absolutely not as thick as the zippers I bought last year (I have the pumpkin one from last year w/ orange cuffs and the fuschia/orange stripe one). Also, the "flatlock" seams are not flat. I bought them with the code, and I'm really glad I didn't pay full price for them. I washed them once and they didn't "fluff" up at all (not that I really expected them to), and I'm thinking about returning them.

Has anyone else noticed this? We need one more, so I'm contemplating ordering a striped one to see if the thickness of that fabric is better.

s7714
10-24-2005, 04:35 PM
There was another thread a little bit ago where someone had rec'd some long johns that no longer had flat lock seams as well. Apparently it had something to do with a new manufacturer HA was using?

I'd return them and complain. I think it's stupid they're still advertising the items as having flat-lock seams, but aren't shipping items with that feature. Luckily all the LJs I've ordered recently have had flat seams so far...

Jennifer
Mommy to
Annalia 3/03
Sophia 6/05

When raising kids the days are oh so long, but the years are short.--John Leguizamo