PDA

View Full Version : Coat and Carseat Question...

HIU8
10-10-2005, 07:09 AM
Ok, this is probably a stupid question, but what type of winter covering can I use for DS this winter. he will be 1 in November and is already in 18 and some 24 month clothes. I had bought him a winter coat, but don't see how I can put him in it and secure him in the carseat also. Also, what about snow pants and boots for the snow?

Thanks,
Heather

DebbieJ
10-10-2005, 07:57 AM
A fleece coat or bunting will be best. Any fluffy coat will interfere with the correct operation of the harness. If he's cold, you can always cover him with a blanket in the car.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
Breastfed for 20 months and 6 days

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

HIU8
10-10-2005, 08:07 AM
That's what I thought. What do I do when it is not just going from home to daycare and vice versa--when I take him out shopping or running errands? If I don't get a bunting, should I have a winter coat in the car that I put him in? I have a feeling this will be a pain.

Heather

AngelaS
10-10-2005, 09:52 AM
I generally put my toddlers in either a Lands End Squall or a fleece snowsuit and buckled them into their seats wearing that. I keep a blanket in the car to wrap around them as I carry them into wherever we're going.

HIU8
10-10-2005, 10:47 AM
My DS is walking at 10 months so will I need something different if goes out in the snow at daycare/home or will a bunting like snowsuit be ok? I want to make sure I get what he needs now because the stores sell out of these things so quickly around here.

Also, just out of curousity, will I need to get him snowboots or is there something made that fits over his shoes for the snow?

Thanks,
Heather