PDA

View Full Version : Help! Warm, cotton footie pjs for big baby boy?!?

satellite of love
10-10-2005, 03:59 PM
OK, I really don't think this should be as difficult as it has been! I have been searching ALL OVER (stores and web) for inexpensive cotton or cotton blend footie pajamas for my tank of an 8-month-old boy. We have mostly used Carter's--I particularly like the terry sleepers--but he no longer fits in their large (6-9 month) size. The only Carter's footie pjs I can find now that seem to fit him are the 100% polyester fleece ones, which I don't want to use.

So I've been looking for any decent cotton one-piece pajamas, and the best candidates so far seem to be Kushies and L.L. Bean (any feedback on those?). But I'd really rather not spend $15-$20 each. I've looked on ebay with no luck.

Any ideas?

Am I the only one with a big baby who's found that there's a difficult "in-between" place where they're too big for a lot of baby stuff and too small for a lot of toddler stuff (or you just want to avoid the toddler stuff because it's not as baby-friendly to put on and take off)?

Edited to add: Oh, and I have bought some inexpensive cotton footie pjs from our local Gap Outlet--I like them, but the snug fit makes them hard to get on, especially since I have to slather my eczema-ridden little guy with Eucerin before I put on his jammies. I'm looking for a looser fit. I know, I'm sounding pickier by the minute!

murpheyblue
10-10-2005, 04:36 PM
Have you tried TCP jammies? I love their footed jammies.

They're on sale now plus you can get 25% off with the code HMREA5 and free shipping with FSSS95.

http://www.childrensplace.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?exp=n&storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10001&categoryId=24905&catTree=24651,24704,24905&clearance=0

jenny76
10-10-2005, 04:56 PM
I'm having the same problem with the in-between stage.

My long, somewhat lean son is 8.5 months, and I can't seem to find footie PJs larger than 6-9 months that aren't fleece or polyester. I did find a few cotton ones at our local Osh Kosh store, but that's pretty much it. So I've been on a search for romper type sleepers, with no feet. He seems to stay in those a little longer, since he doesn't end up with cramped toes. But those are tough to find sometimes, too, so I end up with two piece PJs, which I find annoying since the shirt rides up and the pants slide off his non-existent little hiney. I'm hoping that will be better once he's more mobile and walking around (that's a big reason why I tend to stay away from regular shirts...the fact that they don't stay down when I pick him up is maddening!).

Another footie PJ related rant I have is why can't they all snap up down *both* legs?? I can't stand having to contort the poor boy's leg so I can get it in and out during a diaper change.

satellite of love
10-10-2005, 05:01 PM
>Have you tried TCP jammies? I love their footed jammies.
>
>They're on sale now plus you can get 25% off with the code
>HMREA5 and free shipping with FSSS95.
>
>http://www.childrensplace.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?exp=n&storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10001&categoryId=24905&catTree=24651,24704,24905&clearance=0

Thank you, thank you, thank you! These look great! I swear, I've been going nuts with this, and cramming my poor little guy into too-small jammies in the meantime.

Jenny76, I'm totally with you on the one-leg thing! That's another problem with the Gap footie pjs.

Edited: Just got done at TCP--could only find one jammie in the right size (SO I'M STILL ON THE LOOKOUT IF PEOPLE HAVE MORE IDEAS!), but the TOTAL order cost me $6.75. Nice! Thanks again!

murpheyblue
10-10-2005, 05:32 PM
Glad to be of help. I really like their jammies and I hope you do too. If they work for you, I'd check back on their site to see if they get more in stock. They've just added their winter/X-mas clothes to the ir site so they may still be adding stock. You can also try brick and mortar stores if you have them. I'm not sure if you can get the code discount but the regular sale price is pretty good and they usually have tons of jammies in stock.

tigeratty
10-18-2005, 10:20 PM
I'll second TCP. My ds isn't walking yet and also must have cotton due to ezcema. They fit a bit long and lean for him, so we'll have to size up sooner rather than later; however, cotton pjs are supposed to fit tight because they are not fire retardant.

They have a body length zip so you aren't really sliding that much lotion-laden body parts into jammies/pulling jammies over body parts.

HHCs Mom
10-19-2005, 07:59 AM
I am also going to recommend pj's from TCP. If you go to an outlet or a b&m store, they have racks and racks of them 3/$25 all the time. They go all the way up to a 3T/36 months!! DS is wearing the 24 month size right now and we love them. Easy to zip up and not too tight fitting. I buy 9 for each season! I've never been able to buy them on the TCP website. They are always out of stock on my size or don't have many choices. Head to a store or outlet and they are sure to have TONS of them in stock for you! :)
HTH!
Kim
~ mama to a sweet boy named Harrison ~ 4.6.04

nitaghei
10-19-2005, 01:32 PM
For a skinny kid - Baby Gap has tons of stuff that will work, with and without feet. I always find some on sale for $12 or less. DS has been in the two piece ones since he started PT'g - but Baby Gap has one piece ones up to at least 2T. They run long and skinny, so don't work for everyone, but they have for us, cloth diapers and all.

HTH

Nita (fleece is my friend)
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker (at the Rainbow Bridge)