PDA

View Full Version : Red shoes

Edensmum
10-10-2005, 06:29 PM
Everytime I go into a shoe store with DD she picks up the red shoes, usually MJs. I never thought of them since they wouldn't go with much.
Can a baby get away with red mary janes with everything?

crl
10-10-2005, 06:52 PM
DS had some red shoes last fall (he was 15 mon. old). I thought they went with a lot of stuff and we got a ton of compliments on them. I say get her a pair! :-)

jess_g
10-10-2005, 07:08 PM
I just bought my son some red Eccos. I think they do go with almost everything (except maybe pink). I would say go get them if that is what she likes.

Jessica.

Piglet
10-10-2005, 07:35 PM
Forget babies... I have a pair of brick red mary janes that I adore! I wear them with black pants, jeans, and khakis no problem (they are made by Merrell and are pretty casual). When DS was 3 he had a pair of red sneakers that he wore everywhere! Can you tell I love red shoes? Go for it! Let her have her fun.

Mommaof2
10-11-2005, 01:23 AM
Yes, my kids have spent the summer in matching red Keds. I was shocked at how many things it went with. Tons of compliments and we have just returned from the Stride Rite outlet with the next size. I also hae red MJ for her.

AbbieF
10-11-2005, 03:29 PM
I love red shoes for little girls! To me they are the quintessential little girl shoe. In fact I've been looking for red shoes for my dd, but she has a wide foot, so I haven't found too many choices. I've been considering the SKR's and I've seen the Stride Rite Beatrix as well as the Ecco lace up. What other ones are out there?

Abbie
Mom to Maddie 04/04 and a new addition 01/06

s7714
10-11-2005, 11:36 PM
My DD has a pair of red ladybug Monkey-Toes sneakers that she wears with everything (including pink). There are some pink tones I cringe at matching up with red shoes, but a lot of kids outfits look fine with red shoes I think.

I say get the cute red ones if that's what she likes! (Though I must admit I avoid the Target shoe isle that has the sparkly red Dorothy style MJs simply because my DD would be drawn to them like a magnet...)

Jennifer
Mommy to
Annalia 3/03
Sophia 6/05

When raising kids the days are oh so long, but the years are short.--John Leguizamo

LaurelC
10-12-2005, 07:07 AM
This thread is making me want to go out and buy Madeline a pair of red shoes! I love them to, and think they can go with just about anything.